Author Topic: System Card Warning Messages  (Read 766 times)

Tatsujin

System Card Warning Messages
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 01:44:52 PM »
thx a lot..superbe work!! hope to see more in the future  :D
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Black Tiger

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »
Quote from: "Keranu"
Black_Tiger, just to let you know that Malducci on these boards made a Super Grafx demo that also has a error screen when you try to load it with PCE hardware and it's quite cool. I believe it's for his latest trasparency one with the Link to the Past graphics. Look on the development page on the Magic Engine forums to check it out more.

Funny you should mention it, I've had it sitting on my flash card all day with my SuperGrafx hooked to my PC, planning to record a video from it, but have been too busy to do it.

Now I'll make sure to get the warning screen while I'm at it. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote from: "cavein2000"
Yeah, that is very cool!!  Nice job!  What I kind of like about it is that you can see a pic from many games on one page - It would be cool if someone could do a page like yours using gameplay screens, so you could just fly through an entire catalog of PCE/TG16 game screenshots!!  I use the PCECP images to check out games sometimes, but it would be really nice to have it like this!

I've actually begun work on a page with screen shots featuring some of the "best" PC Engine graphics. However, this page will take a lot longer, since it'll require that I actually play through games on emulator. I'll probably just put up a number of pics from some of the big guns to start and then continue to update it afterwards, like the system card warnings.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

malducci

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2006, 05:56:36 PM »
I don't remember adding error warning screen messages to the SGX demos :shock:  Xavier did for the demo(s) he wrote using the Hsync/SGX lib I wrote for HuC though.

Btw, Black_Tiger the third of the SGX "VPC" demos will be coming out soon.

Keranu

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2006, 06:00:49 PM »
I swore the one I saw was one of yours. I remember it had a dude from what looked to be a Castlevania game for GBA running in a level with parallax scrolling.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

malducci

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2006, 06:25:07 PM »
Yeah, that was Xavier's demo(s) I was refering too.

Keranu

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2006, 07:08:40 PM »
Ahh, my bad then. I guess that's the one you need to look for, Black_Tiger.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).