Author Topic: Will the Turbo Duo scratch CD's?  (Read 604 times)

BigusSchmuck

Re: Will the Turbo Duo scratch CD's?
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2015, 01:56:59 AM »
I have never had any of my Duos scratch my discs. However, I have had experienced the dreaded laser mechanism getting locked into place after playing a burnt copy of Meteor Blaster DX. Hence the reason why I shy away from burnt copies of games on my Duo...

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2015, 04:20:36 AM »
Is this a serious question?  Your discs can certainly get scratched if you mishandle them or if there's something seriously wrong with your system, otherwise nothing touches the data (shiny) portion while a disc is being played.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2015, 05:19:54 AM »
Perhaps he's playing his duo on its side, of perhaps he's playing it in a moving vehicle or aircraft carrier. Either way, these are legitimate concerns and you should by 2 or 3 copies of each game.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2015, 08:43:54 AM »
Or perhaps he's owned a PS2, a system so poorly made that it actually will freak the f*ck out and bottom out the laser lens right into the disc and scratch the shit out of it.

If not, then really I think he's far too much of a collector pussy to be dealing with 25 year old Japanese techno-mulch.

galam

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2015, 08:56:26 AM »
Or perhaps he's owned a PS2, a system so poorly made that it actually will freak the f*ck out and bottom out the laser lens right into the disc and scratch the shit out of it.

Both fat and slim models?  I never experienced this (that i know of). But come to think of it, half my games were bought used and already scratched.

Sarumaru

• I hate you all.
    • FX Unit Yuki Official Website
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2015, 09:39:48 AM »

Both fat and slim models?  I never experienced this (that i know of). But come to think of it, half my games were bought used and already scratched.

He's probably talking about the fat as the tray had no real stabilizer for the disc and when powered off, it would often spin for a bit on the actual plastic itself. The slim pop's the disc in place and does not have that issue. I never understood why people would put the first gen ps2 on its side, that's just asking for circular scratches.
:yuki: "Go forth, FX-Unit Yuki!" http://www.fxunityuki.com
            Available NOW for the PC Engine and Dreamcast!

CPTRAVE

« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2015, 03:03:18 PM »
There you have it. No signs of scratching disk.

SignOfZeta

Will the Turbo Duo scratch CD's?
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2015, 04:23:06 AM »

He's probably talking about the fat as the tray had no real stabilizer for the disc and when powered off, it would often spin for a bit on the actual plastic itself. The slim pop's the disc in place and does not have that issue. I never understood why people would put the first gen ps2 on its side, that's just asking for circular scratches.

They probably played with the PS2 vertical because Sony told them it was an option. Most of the promo shots of the PS2 back then showed the machine in a vertical position. The "PS" logo rotates to accommodate this and Sony sold both a horizontal and a vertical stand to keep it stabilized. All of those things, that's probably why they did it. You can't blame people for not automatically knowing the piece of shit was rigged to self destruct.

clackattack

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
I know for a fact that Xbox1 does not properly work when it on its side. Doesnt think a disc is in it until you lay it flat. Once it picks the disc up you can put it back on its side and itll work fine until you decide to change discs... Sh*tbox
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]