Author Topic: Nice to meet you all  (Read 571 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Nice to meet you all
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 07:16:28 AM »
Yep, that's the right thread for OBEY joke pics.  Paul will surely see 'em there and add them to the above linked page.

I started trolling ebay for a copy of Nayuta; thankfully it's pretty cheap even with shipping from Japan.  How do translation patches work on a PSP anyway?  Do they patch on the fly (like Ys IV or Xak III in Magic Engine) or do you have to rip an iso, patch it, then play from memory?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

SkyeWelse

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 08:00:45 AM »
I started trolling ebay for a copy of Nayuta; thankfully it's pretty cheap even with shipping from Japan.  How do translation patches work on a PSP anyway?  Do they patch on the fly (like Ys IV or Xak III in Magic Engine) or do you have to rip an iso, patch it, then play from memory?

There are a few ways to go about it, but the best method is to take any UMD-reading PSP that has Custom Firmware on it and change your USB Mode setup so that it can read UMDs. Then once you have your PSP hooked up to your computer via USB, you'll see the actual ISO all ready to go that you can click and drag to your desktop. Then in about 5 - 10 mins you'll have ripped the UMD to ISO on your PC. It's a pretty simple process. Also you may want to rename the ISO that you save, you may need to open up properties on the ISO file and uncheck "Read Only".

The patch we are working on is in XDelta format, so you would just need to download an XDelta patcher. The internal version we are working with is at 4.06, but the last public release is currently 4.04 at time of writing. We've fixed quite a bit of issues in 4.06, so it may be worth waiting until the next public release, but you can certainly feel free to test the patch as it is now if you'd like to go ahead and check the game out.

One the ISO is patched, you should be able to either A) play it on your PSP with custom firmware, or B) Play it on a PSP emulator. PPSSPP is what I currently play it on because it works well and actually enhances some of the 3D polygons making everything look a lot nicer and it helps when you can play it on a larger monitor too.

Save files for Nayuta currently are not compatible between PPSSPP and a real PSP, but I'm sure we will figure out how to get those working between emulator and real hardware eventually.

I'd be interested in hearing if you enjoyed the game. I actually wrote a review for Nayuta for my LE purchase on Amazon recently that tells more about it.

-Thomas
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:02:49 AM by SkyeWelse »

xelement5x

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2015, 03:09:38 AM »
I will be honest Necro, when I did the project diva translation PSP patch I just downloaded the ISO from the innernets rather than putz with ripping my own. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story

TurboGrafx

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 03:43:31 AM »
 :clap: Welcome!

esadajr

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 03:56:31 AM »
welcome to the obey jungle. Just visited your MSX website. I'm getting the msx bug
Gaming since 1985

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 04:07:20 AM »
I will be honest Necro, when I did the project diva translation PSP patch I just downloaded the ISO from the innernets rather than putz with ripping my own. 

That's probably what I'll end up doing, as I'm too dumb (and lazy) to do it the other way, and I've no CFW on the normal PSP anyway.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

HailingTheThings

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 03:27:39 PM »
Welcome to the forum, not that I know what it is or anything.