Author Topic: Turbo Duo problem.  (Read 633 times)

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 07:23:05 AM »
Quote from: "Odonadon"
Does the CD itself spin when the unit is powered on?

OD

Don't know yet. I am hoping that it shows up in the mail today. It was sent priority, so it should be here now! :evil: I hate the post office damnit!
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2006, 10:57:51 AM »
Hmm, the post office strikes again, still didn't get here! :roll:
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 03:45:26 PM »
Hey all, I figured out what was wrong with the system, the latch for the CD ROM didn't latch properly, that's it. Cool news is I have a perfectly good Turbo Duo now, crazy man, totally crazy! :D
END OF LINE.

takashirose

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2006, 12:19:58 AM »
haha.  The guy who gave it to you didn't even know the problem was that small.  How did you fix it?  Couldn't you fix it by always locking the disc tray?  Well, I always lock it when I play a game and when I leave my system alone.  

By the way how much is a good price for a Turbo Duo that works fine, but isn't in the best condition.  I already have one, but I was just wondering because I wanted to showcase the system in my college and I don't want to use my nice one.
Let the old mix with the new.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2006, 08:09:50 AM »
Hmm, that's a good one to ask. What is the condition overall? Is the Card door still attached? Scuffed/Scratched? Cracks? I would actually need a pretty good description orpics to even begin to estimate it. Oh, and basically, the door latch hinge inside of the DUO was really dirty, and that is why it wouldn't close all the way. Easy fix, and when I worked at Gamedude, you'd be suprised what problems you get when machines are supposedly "Broken". Example: we used to get Atari Jaguar units constantly that were "Broken" because they wouldn't turn on. We'd pop a cart in and they'd come right to life. It would appear that people would try to test the units without carts in them just to see if they worked. The Jaguar has a failsafe mechanism within that keeps the Jaguar from turning on without a cart inserted. The sad thing is that we actually bought broken machines at salvage for repair parts, you wouldn't believe how many Jaguar units we got that actually worked, very sad.
END OF LINE.

takashirose

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2006, 09:09:08 AM »
I was wondering about a price for a Turbo Duo that works with all the accessories needed to play and that everything is not broken off.  I already have one.  I was just wondering.  I was thinking about maybe one day get another one as a travel system that I could bring to showcase games or just bring on a bumpy trip.  I don't want my nice one being beaten up.  Anyway I'm not into buying another one since I already have two.  One I use and the other I don't.  The reason I don't use the other you ask?  Because it's sealed.  On Ebay there is one that says it's new for $649.99.  I got mine sealed for much less and with the bundled games.  People have to watch out for this on ebay.  I wouldn't sell my sealed one because I am keeping one sealed for historical reasons.  It's a gem I tell you.  I think I am the only resident in my town with a Turbo Duo, let alone two.  it would be great if there were more so we could have Bomberman Tournaments.  Buying 5 controllers at once is not on my list.  I want to get more games.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2006, 03:04:35 PM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
I was wondering about a price for a Turbo Duo that works with all the accessories needed to play and that everything is not broken off.  I already have one.  I was just wondering.  I was thinking about maybe one day get another one as a travel system that I could bring to showcase games or just bring on a bumpy trip.  I don't want my nice one being beaten up.  Anyway I'm not into buying another one since I already have two.  One I use and the other I don't.  The reason I don't use the other you ask?  Because it's sealed.  On Ebay there is one that says it's new for $649.99.  I got mine sealed for much less and with the bundled games.  People have to watch out for this on ebay.  I wouldn't sell my sealed one because I am keeping one sealed for historical reasons.  It's a gem I tell you.  I think I am the only resident in my town with a Turbo Duo, let alone two.  it would be great if there were more so we could have Bomberman Tournaments.  Buying 5 controllers at once is not on my list.  I want to get more games.

It's cool that you are keeping yours sealed, but it's a good thing it ain't here at my house cos that bad bear would be opened, it's just the nature of the beast for me. If I own it, I open it and play with it! :wink:
END OF LINE.

takashirose

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 03:33:34 PM »
I have two of them.  One is opened and the other is sealed.  Do you think I would not play the turbo Duo?  It's like having a women in my room.  I just can not resist and have to play with it.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 04:51:25 PM »
All I can say is that this is about the best deal I have ever gotten when it comes to Video Games. I have always wanted a Turbo Duo, and I finally have one to go with the rest of the collection. Now all I'm waiting for is the Turbo Express to show up! Should be very soon!
END OF LINE.

takashirose

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2006, 02:59:36 AM »
How much di you get the Turbo Express for?  Did that guy give it to you for free.  Maybe he said that it doesn't power up.  Then you put the batteries in and it works.  ha ha.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2006, 09:08:33 AM »
Quote from: "takashirose"
How much di you get the Turbo Express for?  Did that guy give it to you for free.  Maybe he said that it doesn't power up.  Then you put the batteries in and it works.  ha ha.

I wish, but I actually did pa for the Turbo Express, which should be showing up today, actually, or so I hope at least. 8)
END OF LINE.

poizon74

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2006, 11:37:25 AM »
wow you guys do sound like you know a shit load about PCE stuff.  I've been having a hell of a time with my TG16 Cd-rom, and I can't help feel its somthing really simple...

If anyone oh you guys could take a look at my post, titled "Problem with my TG16 CD", I would be forever in your debt.

T2KFreeker

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2006, 01:03:12 PM »
Quote from: "poizon74"
wow you guys do sound like you know a shit load about PCE stuff.  I've been having a hell of a time with my TG16 Cd-rom, and I can't help feel its somthing really simple...

If anyone oh you guys could take a look at my post, titled "Problem with my TG16 CD", I would be forever in your debt.

I did and left you a response as well, also, check your fuses, sometimes that really does make all the difference. I will be getting a copy of the old repair manual here soon. Once I get it, if you can't fix i by then, I will try trouble shooting the book, yeah?
END OF LINE.

poizon74

Turbo Duo problem.
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2006, 06:17:44 PM »
that would be really awsome.  i do remember your post but havent found the fuses yet, i'll keep looking.