Author Topic: Clean briefcase RGB A/V mod  (Read 416 times)

nam9

Clean briefcase RGB A/V mod
« on: October 09, 2015, 01:43:19 AM »
Found this on eBay. Haven't seen one done like this before. Nice clean finish! This by anyone here?

Keith Courage

Re: Clean briefcase RGB A/V mod
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »
That's odd that the guy got rid of the normal RCA AV jacks. I generally like to mount the DIN plug on the opposite side as to leave the regular AV connections untouched. So definitely not my work. It does look clean and neat though. So thumbs up!

« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:44:05 PM by Keith Courage »

Ergot_Cholera

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 10:52:43 PM »
This is my listing. I'm an odd guy. The din socket uses comp video as sync so you could still use it with the Core Grafx/Duo din 5 AV cables if you wanted comp video for some reason.

tbone3969

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2015, 06:28:52 AM »
I always wanted an SCART compatible TV to use RGC SCART input.  I have a cheap SCART to RGB component converter.  Are those any good?  I think I paid $50 on eBay for it.  Makes my SNES look really nice (much better than the S-video SNES out).
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

wildfruit

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2015, 06:55:18 AM »
I have mine on the other side of the ifu. Looks ok though. Not bad price either if it has been given a good overhaul too.

GohanX

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2015, 07:51:30 AM »
I always wanted an SCART compatible TV to use RGC SCART input.  I have a cheap SCART to RGB component converter.  Are those any good?  I think I paid $50 on eBay for it.  Makes my SNES look really nice (much better than the S-video SNES out).
The converters for sdtvs are excellent, you just have to adjust the color a bit when you buy them. The rgb to hdmi converters for hdtvs are garbage.

tbone3969

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2015, 09:58:30 AM »
The converters for sdtvs are excellent, you just have to adjust the color a bit when you buy them. The rgb to hdmi converters for hdtvs are garbage.

Thanks.  I am very happy with mine.  I wasn't sure if it was just a placebo effect or what.  I have an old school Sony Trinitron CRT.  Maybe I will pick up a SCART RGB modded PC Engine system.  The price on this one seemed reasonable however it has sold already.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

PunkicCyborg

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2015, 10:05:35 AM »
That looks very good and was a great idea! I put my din on the middle in the back because I didn't want cables coming from both sides of the IFU which I think looks very goofy. I almost wish I could go back and do mine like this!
(19:28:25) GE0: superdead told me in whisper that his favorite game is mario paint

GohanX

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2015, 10:15:57 AM »

Thanks.  I am very happy with mine.  I wasn't sure if it was just a placebo effect or what.  I have an old school Sony Trinitron CRT.  Maybe I will pick up a SCART RGB modded PC Engine system.  The price on this one seemed reasonable however it has sold already.

A good Trinitron with one of those converters is the next best thing to getting into PVM silliness. If I had one I'm not sure I would have bothered with the pvm.

chipperkwah

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2015, 12:27:11 PM »
I thought about doing RGB output for my briefcase at one point, but I never bothered to track down a standard PC Engine and the CD drive to fill it with. It now sits in a bottom drawer, forlorn and unused.

wildfruit

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2015, 08:10:27 AM »
I thought about doing RGB output for my briefcase at one point, but I never bothered to track down a standard PC Engine and the CD drive to fill it with. It now sits in a bottom drawer, forlorn and unused.
Release it at once!