Author Topic: No input  (Read 342 times)

stinkoman

No input
« on: November 01, 2015, 04:07:09 AM »
So I recieved a Japanese PC engine duo. My issue is I can not get any input on the TV. The seller I bought it from said it was recently recapped tested and works. He has over 100 positive feed back from the site I bought it from and tested it right before shipping. I push the run button the light comes on, discs spins but the tv never changes and it's on the right setting as far as I can tell. Giving him the benefit of the doubt and it doesn't need recapped anything I'm doing wrong? I am trying it on newer tv' or is it that the caps might been damaged during shipping?

thesteve

Re: No input
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 04:11:28 AM »
i would guess the tv doesnt play well with 240p sources
more info on how its connected would be helpful

stinkoman

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 04:27:37 AM »
Not very good with technical terms but it's the red,yellow and white composite? Cables hooked directly to the tv and trying to use that input source

thesteve

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 04:38:22 AM »
ever seen one outrigt refuse that input
is it blank, or does it say no input?

GohanX

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 04:43:43 AM »
Also, is it a hdtv?

stinkoman

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 05:12:49 AM »
To be clear it's the basic cables that Come with a duo. All stock and not moded.

The first TV was not HD the others where. When I power it on It's not a blank screen that might happen say if you had a Nintendo cart and no images shows up. The tv never changes when I turn it on . But like said the disc will spin when I power it up and push run.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

thesteve

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 05:26:22 AM »
that sounds like a most likely bad cable
were it not running it wouldnt respond to run

Keith Courage

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2015, 10:29:45 AM »
If this is a black DUO then you can also check by plugging in a pair of headphones to see if you get any sound. If you get sound then more than likely the AV cable is bad as thesteve suggested.

I have however come across a few rare examples of some DUOs with a bad trace/short in the composite video output before which can be fixed, but this is rarely the case.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2015, 10:32:02 AM by Keith Courage »

thesteve

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
i have as well, but only directly after work

stinkoman

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2015, 01:04:00 PM »
So I tried this on 4 tv's and had no luck. I gave it to my brother to try and he took it to a retro game store and it worked right away for him. Guy at the game store seems to think I might not had everything plugged in all the way. I'll try it Tommorrow when I have it back.  I feel pretty certain I've had everything plugged in tight though :/ and yes it is a black duo.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2015, 04:19:22 AM »
Make sure you wiggle the plug at the system.  Those DIN connectors like to crack solder and lose connection to the pcb.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles