Author Topic: Pc engine duo region mod  (Read 183 times)

Justinjcox20

Pc engine duo region mod
« on: November 16, 2015, 06:12:16 AM »
I just got a beautiful pc engine duo with av/rgb mod. I want to be able to play my tg16 games I just purchased. All I have that is worth playing is star parodier. I have discussed modding with a friend of mine and there are two options to play American games, get an ever drive, or mod the console itself. I only know basic hardware components and don't trust myself with modding a console yet. I believe the integrity of the case will remain intact, but I want to know what your opinion is on the best route to take. Is it even worth modding if I can just buy an ever drive?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Pc engine duo region mod
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:23:45 AM »
I'd go with an everdrive, which is more or less what I did for years with a neoflash card and my TurboDuo.  I still bought games I wanted, but it was easier to play the roms and not have to diddle around with the finicky converter card thingy.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

stinkoman

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 08:50:20 AM »
Well if you want to go the modded route, but don't trust your self you can PM Keith Courage or another member that will do a region mod for a fee.

Justinjcox20

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:40:34 PM »
I may have to do that. I have a friend who is pretty solid on electronics. I may ask him too. I'll keep an eye out on Keith courage. Thank you