Author Topic: Fixing Turbostick slider switch  (Read 261 times)

wilykat

Fixing Turbostick slider switch
« on: November 14, 2015, 08:48:33 AM »
I have a Turbostick that works but the metal post had come out of rapid fire speed slider and it won't stay in.  It's not the plastic knob that normally comes off (like when you take it apart) but the metal post. I suspect the socket inside the slider has cracked.  The slider can still change position if I stick something thin like a nail file so the slider itself is working.

How can it be fixed? Or is there a replacement slider somewhere that has correct physical size, correct pins, and correct resistance value?  I hope it wasn't a custom design for NEC to use in Turbostick.

tbone3969

Re: Fixing Turbostick slider switch
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 11:10:21 AM »
I would recommend scraping some of the cheeto dust fron the controller and using it as an adhesive to bind the slider post back into the slider switch. :D

lol

This has my vote for best response of 2015.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 04:55:49 PM »
small amount of super glue. works like a charm. don't use too much as the slider will no longer slide.

wilykat

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 11:49:02 PM »
I would recommend scraping some of the cheeto dust fron the controller and using it as an adhesive to bind the slider post back into the slider switch. :D

To be fair, it is not my dust.  If you are a regular shopper at Goodwill, you'd know this is probably very clean compared to some crap that ends up there.

Will try a bit of glue.

mickcris

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 12:51:06 AM »
I would take it apart and clean it before gluing.  especially since that is not your filth.  who knows where that thing has been.