Author Topic: Incredible intro's?  (Read 294 times)

MNKyDeth

Incredible intro's?
« on: January 30, 2016, 04:27:24 PM »
HuCard or CD based. What games do you think have the best, colorful, exciting intro's to compare?

I already did AirZonk intro via XRGB-mini 720p all settings the same for each recording. I did Composite...

Turbokon Component V2 chip, Turbokon RGB Amp Sync over composite video, Turbokon RGB Amp with Sync-Stripper cable, Turbokon RGB Amp Sync on pin 44.

Then

Mickris RGB Amp Sync over composite video, Mickcris RGB Amp with Sync-Stripper cable, Mickcris RGB AMP Sync on pin 44.

I am using AmaRecTV to display the games in a lossless format. I then am capturing the games with Fraps also in a lossless format. Each file for AirZonk's intro was around 4-5gigs. This all was done at 60fps to help keep the video smooth. I am uploading them to youtube now. Hopefully they don't lose much fidelity.

But, I want to do a couple more games that people would really enjoy comparing between these chips and all the different sync options.

VenomMacbeth

Re: Incredible intro's?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 04:47:51 PM »
Kiaidan 00 would be pretty sweet...
Play Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

Black Tiger

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 05:29:53 PM »
Dungeon Explorer II: first 3.
Legend of Xanadu II: the early one with the character intros.
World Heroes 2 opening.
Ys IV: opening and the one after Adol ditches Dogi.
Ys III: first 2.
Snatcher: first one or two.
Gradius II opening.
Gate of Thunder opening.
Princess Minerva: first 2 or 3.
Cosmic Fantasy 4 Chapters 1 & 2: first 1 or 2.
Louga opening.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

MNKyDeth

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 05:44:32 PM »
CD intro's will be fun for the upload. The AirZonk intro is under 2min and the files are 4-5gigs. So yeah 30-40min for the upload and another 10-15min for the processing on youtube for these files.

I guess on a 20min intro I will just sleep for a couple hours. Then upload the next one.

Also, I anyone care to inform me how to share youtube vids on this forum? Or I can just link them. I think I am going to get 4 done tonight. Then go to bed and get the other 4 uploaded tomorrow. Falling asleep in my chair.

Edit:
I take that back, the processing has 34min on the video I am currently uploading. So about an hour total for a video slightly under 2min lol. But I got the highest quality I could for the capture I am pretty sure.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:48:04 PM by MNKyDeth »

deubeul

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 11:04:07 PM »
Star Parodier
Nexzar
Spriggan 2
Gulliver Boy

MNKyDeth

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:35:29 AM »
I went through and watched every game intro listed here on youtube.

Let me say, I have not seen all these game's intro's before and most all of these game's have excellent intro's.

We all know PCE/TG16 CD games almost always have good music but Nexzar really impressed me in that department. Going through the choices and with the current hype on the Xanadu games.

I am going to try and get Xanadu 2 intro on all the possible combinations.

After Xanadu 2, if people want specific requests I am leaving the component V2 chip in my SuperGrafx and Mickcris RGB Amp in my Super CD-Rom 2 system using pin 44 Sync. I am Using Turbokon's Amp in my US TurboDuo with composite video so I can get RGB with sync over composite video or with a sync stripper cable.

Btw, you get no video at all when using pin 44 sync and a sync stripper cable. Just an fyi. :)

I will take special requests for video files if you want them and when I have time to record them with one of the above scenarios.