Author Topic: WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2  (Read 1968 times)

nodtveidt

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2006, 11:18:08 PM »
The Dreamcast was able to have many rapidly-produced games of good quality because of how the system was set up. Most developers in this world know how to code for a Windows environment, so it was just a matter of making little tweaks here and there to get the software to work within a strict hardware set under CE.

SignOfZeta

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2006, 12:03:44 AM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
He keeps using it because it makes him feel superior to everyone else and he thinks that anybody who disagrees with him about the SNES being the best system does it purely out of ignorance and narrow-mindedness.

Yep!

It hasn't occured to him yet that he's the only one in this debate displaying those qualities.

Of course, this topic may have died without me. I'm doing God's work here!

SignOfZeta

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2006, 12:05:00 AM »
Quote from: "nodtveidt"
The Dreamcast was able to have many rapidly-produced games of good quality because of how the system was set up. Most developers in this world know how to code for a Windows environment, so it was just a matter of making little tweaks here and there to get the software to work within a strict hardware set under CE.

Well it was easy to program for, but not because of CE. Almost no games use CE. I can't think of any good ones that do.

Joe Redifer

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2006, 02:50:22 AM »
Sega Rally 2 used CE, I believe.  And look how the framerate stuttered!  They should have at least used Mac OS 9 for that game.  :)

SignOfZeta

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2006, 10:58:28 AM »
Quote from: "Joe Redifer"
Sega Rally 2 used CE, I believe.  And look how the framerate stuttered!  They should have at least used Mac OS 9 for that game.  :)

Oh yeah, Sega Rally 2. Isn't there a code or something that locks the framerate to 30fps so you won't barf or something? I thought there was. Low frame rate is no problem, rapid random switching framerates...disquieting...

Other than SR2, I know Spirit of Speed 1937 uses CE. That was a great idea for a game, but a really horrible execution. Some pedophiliac galget crap uses it as well.

FM-77

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2006, 12:01:20 PM »
I think framerate is extremely important. The most important factor of all, actually.

If the scrolling isn't COMPLETELY ultra-smooth, I can't play the game. That's why I prefer old consoles like MD, PCE, SNES, etc - always perfect framerate (from what I've played, anyway).

PC Gaijin

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2006, 12:45:09 PM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
I think framerate is extremely important. The most important factor of all, actually.

If the scrolling isn't COMPLETELY ultra-smooth, I can't play the game. That's why I prefer old consoles like MD, PCE, SNES, etc - always perfect framerate (from what I've played, anyway).

After all the mud that has been slung about the SNES in this retarded thread already, you're opening up another can of worms with that one. :)

Anyway, I can think of a few more DC games that used Win CE, almost all ports of Windows games. IIRC, the only reason Sega Rally 2 used CE was at the time Sega's own development libraries didn't have any working netcode (and Sega Rally 2 was playable online in Japan).

FM-77

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #82 on: September 13, 2006, 02:23:03 AM »
Quote from: "PC Gaijin"
After all the mud that has been slung about the SNES in this retarded thread already, you're opening up another can of worms with that one. :)

I never said anything bad about the SNES (at least not in this thread). I love every old video game system, but I tend to complain about them at times.  :wink:

nodtveidt

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2006, 03:46:20 AM »
Quote from: "SignOfZeta"
Well it was easy to program for, but not because of CE. Almost no games use CE. I can't think of any good ones that do.

Oh, I wasn't aware that few games used CE, I was always told that most of them did. Ah well, learn something new every day. :D

PC Gaijin

WOW - Cosmic Fantasy 2
« Reply #84 on: September 13, 2006, 02:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "Seldane"
Quote from: "PC Gaijin"

I never said anything bad about the SNES (at least not in this thread). I love every old video game system, but I tend to complain about them at times.  :wink:

You misunderstood me. I happen to like the SNES as well, but bringing up framerates along with the SNES is bound to inspire the SNES haters in this thread. After all, slowdown in many games was a real weakness of the SNES. :)