Author Topic: Amping the sync signal?  (Read 807 times)

Duxcub

Re: Amping the sync signal?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2016, 12:04:17 AM »
I have the console getting sync from the composite video. I did not hook directly to pin 44 on the Hu6260.

My Sony PVM will only accept a c-sync signal for sync. It looks scrambled like in your pics if it is trying to use the composite video signal for sync.

Edit: the mods i have done for my personal setup all use an LM1881 inside the console, and output the resulting c-sync signal on the composite video pin of the SCART cable.  However, this method means that i can't use the consoles on a regular tv through composite. 

So putting an LM1881 in the cable from the switch to the PVM is probably the best solution, imo.  That way he can still use composite video on all his consoles, but that single cable will strip the sync from the composite signal of anything connected to his PVM.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 12:21:10 AM by Duxcub »

mickcris

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2016, 01:04:03 AM »
If you still have that sync strip cable, it has an lm1881 in it. You could try it on his setup to see if it helps.

MNKyDeth

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 01:10:52 AM »
Mickris I do have it. I may try the cable at some point but... Because of this thread he is going to buy a Hama scart switch to see if it makes any difference from the one he has.

Duxcub, his setup works just fine when hooked straight into the BVM without the switch. His Intellivision also works just fine. It's only when it goes through the switch is there an issue.

Just for clarification. :)

The RGB modded Intellivision and Duo-RX both use the sync signal from the composite video. Both work fine when hooked directly into the BVM.
Both display a messed up image when using the switch.

Keith Courage

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2016, 06:02:58 PM »
Any updates on this? Did the new switch fix the problem? I've come across someone else with the same issue. Regardless of using c-sync or composite video for sync the same thing happens but only when his pc engine is hooked up to his switch. His other systems work just fine through it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 06:22:58 PM by Keith Courage »

MNKyDeth

« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2016, 12:21:49 AM »
I don't think he ever found an official Hama switch. So he is still swapping cables for a direct connection to the bvm. I have not tried the cable I have from Mickcris yet that has the LM 1881 in it. So I do not know if that would have solved the problem or not.

I am actually meeting up with him on the 14th of this month. I will see if he has searched further for an official Hama and most likely I can take the sync stripper cable I have from Mickcris for testing. At that point I can let you know.