Author Topic: My "overengineered" logo backlight mod.  (Read 601 times)

StarDust4Ever

Re: My "overengineered" logo backlight mod.
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 12:58:43 PM »
If it glows under UV light, how about UV LEDs behind?
Haven't tried that honestly. I doubt if the glow would be brighter than with white backlighting though. One advantage is that fluorescent glow is always diffuse, though the logo does a pretty good job of diffusing the white LED light as is.

I'm also not sure how color fast the dyes are over the long haul. Be a shame if after a few months of usage, the logo faded to white. Has anyone ever witnessed a TG-16 with sun-faded logo? I don't think 405nm violet LEDs they sell at Radioshack are strong enough to fade organic pigments however. That wavelength isn't even short enough to truly fluoresce cotton like the ~370nm fluorescent blacklights do. The UV coating in my prescription eyeglasses don't filter the LEDs either but if filters real blacklights.

Truthfully blue light fluoresces the logos as well so what you see is a combination of diffuse from the yellow phosphor and fluorescent from the blue component. The yellow dye actually fluoresces with a greenish tint. I may take a photo of the logo toplit by a UV violet 405nm LED as I have a couple of them I bought for unrelated console mods.

EDIT: UV Blacklight. Notice the logo is now bright orange and bright green instead of orange and yellow.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 01:23:53 PM by StarDust4Ever »

esteban

« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2016, 01:43:41 AM »
Please install water-cooling system. Thank you.
  |    | 

turbokon

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 07:41:13 AM »
Looks good!!
Turbo fan since 1991 after owning my first system.

Check out my website:)
www.tg16pcemods.com

StarDust4Ever

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
Thanks!