Author Topic: Turbo Express solder pad help  (Read 224 times)

LaC

Turbo Express solder pad help
« on: May 06, 2017, 07:27:18 AM »
While recapping a Turbo Express one of the solder pads came off. It was completely corroded and just fell off.
So I need to create a via that goes to wherever this pad goes to.
The odd thing is that I can't figure out where the solder pad goes to. I don't see any traces that go to the actual pad.
It's CC501 as seen in the pic (very top, red colored), and the negative side of the cap.
Maybe it's suppose to go to ground? I am not sure. Hopefully someone with a turbo express can open theirs and use a multi-meter to check where to make a via to. :) thanks!

Keith Courage

Re: Turbo Express solder pad help
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2017, 07:48:45 AM »
are you talking about the very top left 4.7 capacitor in the picture there? If so, the negative pad goes to the solder point on the part just directly below it. so the trace itself goes straight down. shine a light through the rear of the board. You should be able to see it.

LaC

Re: Turbo Express solder pad help
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2017, 08:00:45 AM »
are you talking about the very top left 4.7 capacitor in the picture there? If so, the negative pad goes to the solder point on the part just directly below it. so the trace itself goes straight down. shine a light through the rear of the board. You should be able to see it.

Ok thank you!
I was looking at that spot with a flashlight before and couldn't see a trace...  I guess the trace was corroded off or came up with the solder pad.  I can definitely see a line where the trace must've been.