Author Topic: Issues with Hori FC pad & LT  (Read 308 times)

coryoon

Issues with Hori FC pad & LT
« on: June 22, 2017, 09:43:59 AM »
Ok, this is a strange one.

By any chance has someone noticed any issues when using a Hori Fighting commander on any PCE hardware.

I recently picked up the HFC pad and tried it on my LT and noticed that I got strange button responses - like for some reason in SFII sometimes a punch would result in a kick or more noticeably when i jumped over to the P2 side I found that when I tried to do a dragon punch it paused the game or it never registered the punch button at all.

The weirdest thing that happened though was that I managed to get a 2 player game going somehow (no multi-tap was connected) and was able to control both players with the pad (and the LT controls).

I actually have a video of the latter;

Anyway, tests I did after this;

1) Plugged in a Avenue 6B pad - worked fine.
2) Used the HFC on my Duo - worked fine.
3) Tried the HFC with the Everdrive - had the same issue.

So it would seem that there is definitely an issue between the HFC and the LT.

Just thinking out loud here, maybe some earlier hardware configs weren't 100% compatible with all third party peripherals?  I didn't get round to testing a regular Core Grafx yet and perhaps that might show something as the hardware is similar to the LT.

The only other way to test it would be to try another HFC.

coryoon

Re: Issues with Hori FC pad & LT
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 02:05:41 AM »
Managed to test the joypad on my Core Grafx II and could not get any of the glitches that I saw on my LT.

Without any other LT to test the pad on, or another HFC pad, there must be something up with the combination of this pad with my LT.

incrediblehark

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 03:45:17 AM »
interesting, I wonder if there is any connection to the fact the LT has built in controls? I have an HFC but no LT.

coryoon

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 08:46:48 AM »
Thanks for the feedback.

The LT having built in controls may adda layer of potential issue.  However I had no problems at all with my other 6 button pad.