Author Topic: Military Madness!  (Read 759 times)

GUTS

Military Madness!
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »
Actuall you spelling super SUPAR is what pissed me off.

Keranu

Military Madness!
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2006, 03:00:37 PM »
Quote from: "GUTS"
Actuall you spelling super SUPAR is what pissed me off.

I always spell super with an a; it makes it sound more exciting!
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

m1savage

Military Madness!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2006, 04:20:40 AM »
Alright, looks like this place is still kicking. :D

Good to come back to a post about one of my favorite games. For any new people who came to this thread actually looking for info about this game, be sure to check out stevek666 signature in his post. Didn't want anyone to miss it in the sacracsm and good natured ribbing going on here.

Anyway, if you own an Xbox and like Military Madness, be sure to pick up Dai Senryaku (Modern Military Tactics). Takes a while longer to get used to but well worth it due to it's almost infinate replay value.

Odonadon

Military Madness!
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2006, 05:15:13 AM »
Jeez, m1savage?  I haven't seen you for probably literally years.  Welcome back.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

SignOfZeta

Military Madness!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2006, 05:21:42 AM »
Quote from: "m1savage"
Anyway, if you own an Xbox and like Military Madness, be sure to pick up Dai Senryaku (Modern Military Tactics). Takes a while longer to get used to but well worth it due to it's almost infinate replay value.

Hm...well, I haven't played the Xbox version, but from my experience with past Daisenryaku games (the series goes all the way back to the Famicom) would indicate that is super amazingly complex, and lacks the sort of "pick up and play" charm of games like Nectaris, and Advanced Wars. Its a great series for sure, its just...something else.

In the realm of hyper complex strategy games I recommend Ghiren's Greed. Its a game based on Mobile Suit Gundam and its soooo friggn great. Its been on SS, PS, DC, PS2, and Wonderswan. It may be on something elese, I'm not sure. Totally unlike other Bandai STG titles, you spend loads of time bribing people, blowing money on R&D, etc. The only thing that sucks is than you can get all the way to the end and not have the resources to win the war. This happened to me in the Saturn version, so I recently bought the DC version so I can go through it again.

Keranu

Military Madness!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2006, 10:27:23 AM »
Quote from: "Odonadon"
Jeez, m1savage?  I haven't seen you for probably literally years.  Welcome back.

OD

For real! Where have you been!?
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).