Author Topic: Super Secret Hidden Trick/FEKA's master plan  (Read 1447 times)

torgo

Re: Super Secret Hidden Trick/FEKA's master plan
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2006, 03:41:22 PM »
I just got some software to edit and compress things down. This week's a bit crazy with Thanksgiving and all, so I hope to get it done soon. The 32x games in the demo were all brutally early, and they were running off of a dev unit that was the size of a refrigerator.

The games that I got are Star Wars Arcade, Virtua Racing, and Metalhead.

To get a jump on an impending issue, anyone have any ideas on where I can put the files? Right now, they are uncompressed 2 hour .mpg files at around 6GB each  :D
PS Nation

Joe Redifer

« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2006, 05:42:54 PM »
How can MPG be uncompressed?

Anyway, I don't know what software you are using to edit, but you could post them on YouTube.  Problem with that is you are limited to 10 minute chunks, and each 10 minute file must be under 100 MB before uploading.

torgo

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2006, 02:04:05 AM »
Right, I need to cut clips out, and I want to organize the footage a bit more. We got WAYYYY too much MKII footage at that show to post these days. Back then, having that much footage was awesome since the SNES version was so good, now it's just boring to watch.

I have Adobe's video tools, but I haven't installed it yet.
PS Nation

Joe Redifer

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2006, 01:34:36 PM »
Perhaps Black_Tiger could give us his tips for preparing things for YouTube.  I do all of my work on a Mac and compress to Sorenson 3 Pro Quicktimes before uploading, and I size them down to 320x240 at 15fps because that's what I believe YouTube runs at. 

malducci

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2006, 02:34:09 PM »
Nah, youtube runs at 30fps is you submit a video at 30fps. All the videos I submitted were 30p and remained 30p after there encoding process. Note: I capture my PCE video at 30fps with frame blend so you don't miss out in the absent every other frame of it's 60p signal.

torgo

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »
I know how to do everything, I just have to:

-Install the software
-Transfer the rest of my tapes
-Find time for all of this
PS Nation

Black Tiger

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2006, 11:09:36 AM »
I'd been trying to figure out how the hell to get videos to look good on YouTube, because there are some that look great, but I gave up a while ago.

I leave mine at 720 x 480, because my capture card will only do mpeg2 at that or 352 x 480 and resizing never looks right.

What I do know is that a low bitrate will turn out the same as a high one once it's filtered through YouTube.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum