Author Topic: Question? PC Engine CoreGrafX  (Read 739 times)

Joe Redifer

Re: Question? PC Engine CoreGrafX
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 01:13:20 PM »
Are the PC Engine controller cables only 6 inches long like the US controller cables?  I never understood this.  In Japan it makes sense since the average home is probably only about 4 to 6 square feet.  But in the US such a short cable will not do.  NEC = retards.

The only retard-proof connector is for the Xbox and Xbox360.  It disconnects making sure not to yank the system.

Odonadon

« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 02:09:26 PM »
Are the PC Engine controller cables only 6 inches long like the US controller cables?  I never understood this.  In Japan it makes sense since the average home is probably only about 4 to 6 square feet.  But in the US such a short cable will not do.  NEC = retards.

The only retard-proof connector is for the Xbox and Xbox360.  It disconnects making sure not to yank the system.

6 inches is pretty short - I think you've been had by whoever sold you yours :)  No seriously, they're both exactly the same length in my recollection.

OD
http://www.turbo2k.net - the truly Turboist of all Turbo sites.

Keranu

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 02:52:13 PM »
Yep, same cord length for all controllers, though I think I remember reading that the Turbo Stick's cord was a little longer than usual (four feet I think)? This always bothered me too since I am an American and don't sit up a foot away from a TV screen like our Japanese friends :) . However I highly recommend getting a six feet controller extension cable. They only cost $10-20 and it's so worth the price, especially if you have a multitap of some sort.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 03:40:53 PM »
Yeah I've owned one of those since about as long as I've owned the system.

Black Tiger

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2006, 10:50:52 AM »
When I first got my first Turbo Duo, the local Radio Shack(only place in town to ever carry 'Duo' stuff) didn't have the Duo cable, but they did have the Turbo to Duo adaptor.

So for a while, I was using my Turbo cable and Turbo Pads/Tap exclusively on my Turbo Duo. I lost the Duo cable I eventually got in one of my moves and replaced it with one of those computer cables(Apple keyboard?).

I have the wireless PCE pad set, but it's only good for RPG's since you need a clear path between the receiver and the pad. So I usually just use the non-official extension cable and whatever Duo/PCE pad I find lying around.

I do give the cable coming out of any PCE system some length on the same surface the system is on, sometimes with something weighting the cable down, to avoid wrenching the cortroller port out of place(I wish the Turbo - Duo adaptor cord was longer). One of my systems has a touchy port now, and I assume its from getting jerked around.

I had a white PCE system with a nice little A/V mod whose controller port got wrecked to the point where either only one direction worked, or all but one direction worked. I wound up selling it as-is.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum