Author Topic: "It's better on the Turbo!!"  (Read 368 times)

Naniyue

"It's better on the Turbo!!"
« on: April 04, 2024, 10:27:43 PM »

1) Exile.  Try playing the Genesis version AFTER this one, or even worse, on the MSX2, and you'll see what I mean.

2) Lords of Thunder.  The graphics still look better on the Turbo, and the lack of narration adds to the power of the music.

3) Emerald Dragon.  I heard that the FM Towns version has all the music, and the SNES one has an English translation, but the voice acting and cut scenes of the Turbo are AWESOME!!!

4) Ys IV.  I heard the SNES one is canon, but it's such a murky disappointment in comparison to the Turbo! 

Okay, that's just a few.  Feel free to add any others!

lukester 3.0

Re: "It's better on the Turbo!!"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2024, 03:33:29 PM »
Bomberman 94
Dungeon Explorer 2
Truxton
Twin Cobra
Forgotten Worlds
Raiden
Cadash
Monster Lair (could never get far in this one though, its very long)
Fatal Fury Special (but i prefer 2 on genesis)
after burner ii (compared to genesis...32x stomps)
Valis series (all noticeably better but im not a big fan of these games anyway)
The Skinheads have Taken Madonna

Naniyue

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2024, 08:58:07 PM »
I did enjoy Crystal Beans on the SFC, but it's still nothing in comparison to DE II!

Naniyue

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 09:50:30 PM »
Gain Ground!  The TG has the best version.  It looks and sounds great, and while easier than any other version, is still fun to play.  It's just too bad they didn't give it any cinematics.

Paranoia Dragon

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 10:25:43 PM »

1) Exile.  Try playing the Genesis version AFTER this one, or even worse, on the MSX2, and you'll see what I mean.

2) Lords of Thunder.  The graphics still look better on the Turbo, and the lack of narration adds to the power of the music.

3) Emerald Dragon.  I heard that the FM Towns version has all the music, and the SNES one has an English translation, but the voice acting and cut scenes of the Turbo are AWESOME!!!

4) Ys IV.  I heard the SNES one is canon, but it's such a murky disappointment in comparison to the Turbo! 

Okay, that's just a few.  Feel free to add any others!

The SNES version of Mask of the Sun(there's also a PS2 version of Mask of the Sun) used to be the cannon storyline, I believe mainly because Dawn of Ys had Sara surviving, but canonically in Ys 1, she died. Plus Arem was an addition from Hudson.  Now, the cannon story of Ys 4 is Memories of Celceta, which is a great game, but I still prefer Dawn of Ys as the superior Ys 4.