Author Topic: Game of the Month: September 2024 - Cratermaze  (Read 61 times)

geise

Game of the Month: September 2024 - Cratermaze
« on: September 02, 2024, 10:39:54 AM »
CRATERMAZE

This month is Cratermaze. There's some misinformation with this game. Most say it's just the English version based off of Doraemon: Meikyū Daisakusen. While not entirely wrong, Doraemon: Meikyū Daisakusen is a reskinned game based off of the arcade game Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen. Kid no Hore Hore Daisakusen is Cratermaze. The Turbo version is the arcade port from the company Nihan Bussan. Before the pc-engine and turbo versions the arcade game got ported to the Famicom as Booby Kids. Lol! The gameis mostly the same as the arcade but with some slight changes. Anyways this was always a fun game to me with nice tunes. I love the gameplay. You basically run around and collect treasure to open doors to get to the next area. There are basically 15 levels to each world with a total of 60 levels I believe. It's been ages for me to get a clear in this game and we'll see if I can do it this month. Have fun!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: September 2024 - Cratermaze
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 09:04:25 PM »
Hmm, this'll be fun.  I don't think I've played this in a few years now, but it's pretty great when you get a bunch of power-ups and can dig/fill long strips at a time.  Soooo many graves!
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

geise

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 06:41:03 AM »
It's probably been about 20 years sinceI've tried to do a clear on this game. I look forward to giving it a go this month. It is a fun game.

Gentlegamer

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2024, 04:03:57 PM »
I'll try to complete on not-easy