Author Topic: Sapphire legit?  (Read 239 times)

geromero77

Sapphire legit?
« on: July 29, 2024, 06:43:01 PM »
Greetings. I'm a looooong time PC Engine/TG-16 fan. I'm dying to get my hands on Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire NEC SUPER CD-ROM, but have been ripped off twice and need assistance from a kind soul that can help me make sure I'm getting a legit copy of the game. The two repros I got are super buggy and basically unplayable. Wondering if perhaps there's a compatibility issue with Sapphire and the Analogue Duo? It plays everything else just fine. Thanks for helping me!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Sapphire legit?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 12:33:42 AM »
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.com/sapcomp1.html

That's always been my go-to for showing the differences.  I'm unaware of there being newer fakes that have "fixed" some (or all) of the mentioned flaws, but it wouldn't surprise me.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Keith Courage

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2024, 04:21:05 PM »
What kind of Repros did you get? Were they on real pressed discs or cdrs? I've owned a couple of the real pressed copies repro's over the years and I've had zero issues with any of them.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2024, 10:54:49 AM »
I can't imagine there being a lot of CDrs floating around. The only boots I've see of Sapphire have been "legit" pressings by PCE Works. They work pretty much exactly like an actual released version (not CDr).

Honestly, I think there may be more bootlegs of the game out now than originals, lol

Black Tiger

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2024, 09:48:03 PM »
I wouldn't stick anything of value into an Analogue Duo.

The prevalent bootleg plays perfectly fine and is very easy to tell apart from real PCE games, as all materials and printing look and feel different.

The Analogue Duo has got to the the problem.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Paranoia Dragon

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2024, 03:02:40 AM »
Greetings. I'm a looooong time PC Engine/TG-16 fan. I'm dying to get my hands on Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire NEC SUPER CD-ROM, but have been ripped off twice and need assistance from a kind soul that can help me make sure I'm getting a legit copy of the game. The two repros I got are super buggy and basically unplayable. Wondering if perhaps there's a compatibility issue with Sapphire and the Analogue Duo? It plays everything else just fine. Thanks for helping me!

Your Repros are buggy? I haven't noticed any problems when I've tested mine out. I'm one of the ones that got ripped off a couple decades ago when they were being passed off as New Old Stock. Mine seems to work perfectly fine, haven't noticed any glitches. There may have been one time where I popped it in, and it was acting weird. But then I reset it and it worked totally fine. I've experienced that a few times on the Analogue Duo with a few different games. So it might not even be the Repro itself but the duo.