Author Topic: turbo duo cd not spinning  (Read 1939 times)

Keith Courage

Re: turbo duo cd not spinning
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2020, 08:45:13 AM »
Then there is either a bad trace on the board somewhere or another possible chip issue. Seems weird that the lens actually bobs up and down when trying to read. Normally this does not happen when a DUO has the no disc spin up problem. Does the center of the lens show red in it when powered on? Obviously don't stare directly into it but glance at it from an angle for a quick second or even use your phone to look through to it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2020, 04:37:18 AM by Keith Courage »

drtdiver

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2020, 09:09:58 PM »
replaced the chip and now the lens will only bob up and down randomly not every time. and no red coming from the laser.

Keith Courage

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2020, 10:51:49 PM »
No red from the lens usually indicates a bad lens, bad CXA1082 chip or bad traces from the CXA1082 chip to the D78C chip.

Dealing with these issues is a horrible process trying to track down the actual problem. It's taken me many tries to fix DUOs with these issues.

When it is out of my league, I send some of the chip issue systems I get to thesteve to repair because he has more experience with it than I do. Unfortunately he is super backed up with repairs right now and isn't taking on any more work.

drtdiver

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2020, 11:44:36 PM »
right on.  thanks for all your help. if i ever get this thing going i will post back

mouth78

« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2024, 10:41:20 AM »
Hiii. I have the same problem, has somenone find any solution?

Regards.

Keith Courage

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2024, 09:27:39 PM »
Hiii. I have the same problem, has somenone find any solution?

Regards.

Was the CD drive working prior and just recently stopped? Where is the lens positioned? If the lens is as far right as it can go, then the lens gear is stuck inside. You can poke the gear to free it up using a light to see inside and a small screw driver. Do not try to push the lens itself(Bad). Otherwise you'll have to open up the system to manually move the gear by spinning the motor with your finger if you can't see it to free it up.

If the lens isn't stuck to the far right, then I need more information from you. Does the lens move at all when you hit run on the controller? Do you get a please close lid error on the screen if the lid is open?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2024, 01:42:58 PM by Keith Courage »

mouth78

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2024, 04:11:42 PM »
I did recap time ago. It worked ok, but a day the motor didnt spin. Allways is the same: Lens Up very fast, lens down very fast, three times and stop. Sometimes I can do work if i switch the consol on and off  until It begins to work again but not allways work...  I think is a problem with Focus,, when I get consol works, i can play until I have to change CD. Sorry my English.

mouth78

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2024, 04:56:07 PM »
I just prove with a new lens, and It is the same... :'(
« Last Edit: July 22, 2024, 05:30:01 PM by mouth78 »

Keith Courage

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2024, 12:07:58 AM »
So it does work sometimes but not others? When it does work, can it work for a long time or does it only work for a little bit before having problems again?

mouth78

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2024, 08:18:42 AM »
It depends of the game, for example if I can load Zaphire I can play ok but if I get to load World Heroes 2, when you select to start a game then the disc stops at a moment to start loading a second later and at this moment the problem returns and the reader stops.
Sometimes it seems to be fixed, but when I turn off the console or the reader stops for a few seconds, the problem returns.
Normaly  I need about 4 or 5 attempts to charge a game
« Last Edit: July 24, 2024, 06:51:28 AM by mouth78 »

mouth78

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2024, 04:24:39 PM »
Any advice?

Keith Courage

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2024, 04:23:37 AM »
World heroes 2 always pauses during loading and then starts again on it's own. This is normal providing it doesn't stop loading and freeze altogether.

Has the DUO ever had the capacitors changed? This is a common cause for CD drive issues.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2024, 05:06:17 PM by Keith Courage »

mouth78

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2024, 10:38:54 AM »
 i replaced cups one year ago, but console was working OK several months.
I dont know...