Author Topic: Game of the Month: August 2024 - Basted  (Read 123 times)

geise

Game of the Month: August 2024 - Basted
« on: August 05, 2024, 08:55:41 PM »
BASTED

This month is Basted. An RPG looking game but is actually an action game. You play as Ryeza  (swordsman er woman) and Anita (mage). You both came across a bracelet named Basted which eventually shows it's power and pulls them into what will be the adventure to this game. There's really no rpg elements even with towns and npc's. The game is full of voices and cut scenes that make it worth of being a SCD game. You can pick between who you want to use before each battle encounter. The battles at times can be a bit cumbersome but you get used to the way it plays eventually. The comedy in the game is pretty good and there are boobies, so enjoy!

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Game of the Month: August 2024 - Basted
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 09:24:35 PM »
This is a fun and quick one.  If you're slow (like me) you might need a guide, as it's not obvious what you need to do all the time.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2024, 10:44:07 AM »
Another one to load up on the Anbernic. Hopefully I'll remember to get time on it this month. Maybe I'll convice folks at LI Retro this weekend to toss it on one of their obey setups to cross promote the forum GotM club :)
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

majors

• Have cabs, will travel
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2024, 09:50:21 AM »
I got a few hours in using the walk thru on the old Brothers Duomazov page but got stuck on blue boss that chucks fireballs that split up into 8-directional beams. Pretty fun game, that again, I was not aware of. PC Engine is the console that keeps on giving!

Combat reminds me of Sword of Vermilion.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 08:49:35 AM by majors »
PCE Daisakusen RIP - "Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)
"The dumb are mostly intrigued by the drum"

Naniyue

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2024, 10:11:10 PM »
  I think I have that walk thru saved somewhere, but if you've saved others, I'd be glad for a copy!

I've yet to beat this one, but I do like the cut scenes.