Author Topic: Games released on dual formats...  (Read 1838 times)

Black Tiger

Re: Games released on dual formats...
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 04:14:47 PM »
If it were flamboyant it would be pink and be wearing leather chaps.  It is a hetero apostrophe that Japan used in an attempt to rape the English language because Japanese people aren't very smart. 

You can't tell me that the "Street Fighter II Turbo" logo isn't totally flaming.  =;
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

termis

« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2007, 06:47:27 PM »
Few days late into this thread, but like guts said, the 3 home versions are not too far off from each other.  It really is interesting how there's no consensus on what people think is the best "16-bit" version.  I myself enjoy the pce version as I think along the same line along as black_tiger:
What made/makes SFIICE on PCE so special, is that particularly back in the day, the pros told us it was impossible and that any form of SFII on PCE would at best be severely flawed visually and aurally, because the TG-16 is so terrible.
- It's just awesome seeing this game on the pce. 

And this issue...
I still think that all so called bicompatible CDs are just the lower format with an extra label on the package. I will until someone can show some hard evidence to the contrary.

Agh, I can't find it, but I do recall someone verifying that Brandish was pre-loading some town portion(?) of the data into the ACD RAM - and this was actually done by verifying that code being loaded in the ACD RAM as opposed to a seat-of-the-pants observation.  I guess it was verified on a emulator.  I'll see if I can find that link another time.  And according to the Gulliver Boy manual, the FMV supposedly loads faster with the ACD card, but that's just what the manual states, IIRC.

I can't quite speak for the other SCD/ACD games.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2007, 06:56:23 PM »
Quote from: Black_Tiger

You can't tell me that the "Street Fighter II Turbo" logo isn't totally flaming.

And I won't!

Tatsujin

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 02:33:30 AM »
I think Joe's right.
not that correct at all. i think the problem lies in the fact, that the japanese really can't speak any english :lol:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Keranu

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2007, 06:11:41 AM »
Hey now I always hear Japanese people saying things like "Lets go!", "Burn, burn!", "YEAH!", and stuff :D .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Joe Redifer

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 01:06:15 PM »
Burn burn!

What other words would anyone possibly need to know?