Author Topic: Collection Sizes?  (Read 774 times)

kenomac78

Re: Collection Sizes?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
i had BSG, cotton, vasteel, godzilla,  bonk 3, those were my super rares.  then i had som medium rares and commons, but i sold it all off, bills you know! for about $1500, not so bad.

but to ever try to get them all back in the era of ePay, is something i just cant do, unless someone starts making  sapphire-style repros on most of those games to drie down the value,  of please god let someone do that! 

MrFulci

« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 04:28:37 PM »
I own most of all TG stuff that was released in the US to consumers.

All I know that I'm missing:

- 4 CD games
- whatever control sticks other places released. Not too interested in that as I already Turbo Sticks and a Beeshu stick. Though, if the price is cheap enough, i may pick one up.
- Turbo Vision
- Turbo Link
- Turbo CD
- The US CD cards (I owned a tg-16 CD with both cards at one point, but sold them)
- Kisado, Mirai convertors. I use the purple one, which is alright considering I don't play too much else from the pc engine except  Bomberman '94 and Street Fighter 2. I wouldn't mind one of the "better" convertors, however I have a limit to what I would spend on it.

I'm not as much into games as I once was. In late 90's  early 00's I packed a lot of it away for years. I kept all of my TG-16 stuff. i did not part with it, except for 10 games.

2004 or so I got the itch to play with the TG-16 again. I went through both Neutopias, bomberman, 93, and 94. splatterhouse, exile, dragon slayer, cosimic fantasy 2 all within a year, not like a marathon. Took a much of a day to figure out the final boss in Bomberman '94's pattern.....

Currently, I've reacquired some Sega Genesis stuff. I also have some Nintendo stuff in storage.

Atari stuff, sold off a lot of that 3 years ago (Turned out I had the game Quadrun, made $300+ from that). Gave away my 5200 system and games to my sister, she sold that stuff on ebay. I don't miss a lot of it, though it was interesting to have about half a dozen 2600 decks, and 200-300 or so games. I wanted some cash so I sold off a lot of duplicates and games I thought sucked. Worked out pretty well. The person who bought Quadrun did a local pickup, when he took the game from me he put it in a plastic bag... Like a comic book or baseball card. Currently I have all my 2600 stuff in one box, instead of three or four. Now I own one deck (Should have saved another as a spare), a mess of instruction manuals, and about 50 games. Not sure if I ever took any pictures of my 2600 stash, I still have one roll of film aroudn here I've yet to develop, it may be on that... or the one the photo place lost 2 years ago. I took 5 rolls in, I can't recall what was on the one they lost. All the more reason to stick to digital cameras.

I recently acquired a gamecube. Not for gamecube games, though. For the gameboy player, hahaha. I thought it was pretty awesome, better than Super Gameboy and supported a larger library (Gameboy colour and gameboy advance). It's more like a "Super Nintendo Cube" for me.

All I have planned for my "colelction" is sending a PC Engine Duo and a Neo Geo AES to Old School Gamer for some mods. I may do that later this year, see what type of price break they can give if I send 2 systems in for mods.

Oh, that Dynastic Hero went with me. I've been so surprised at how long it has been sitting there. 2005 I recall seeeing it sell for close to twice that price. and before 2004 or so, i can't recall ever seeing one on ebay. The one on auction recently sold for close to that price, so figured, why not... I haven't purchased much TG-16 stuff that past year or so, I was due to splurge on it a bit.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Tatsujin

« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 05:03:20 PM »
oh, almost forgot that i still own the "GoT-Bonk-Bomberman"-combo as well as "Ys Book 1&2" as a TG-16 CD, since they came together in a bundle with my DUO back in the days^^
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^