Author Topic: Ghetto Duo-R  (Read 773 times)

FM-77

Re: Ghetto Duo-R
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 10:09:16 AM »
No I installed it myself actually. I figured it would fit well with the Duo's white case + blue logo. I put one in my purple Gamecube as well. I even put had one in my previous (clear blue) computer case and that one didn't even have that plastic "light spreader", it was just sitting in a hole, and I gotta tell you - that was one strong light!  I honestly didn't even need another lamp when I had the computer on - it actually lit the whole place up!

offsidewing

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 10:18:01 AM »
Submitted for your approval...

The PC Engine Duo-R: Offsidewing Special Edition

FM-77

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 10:35:47 AM »
That looks cool! The red led fits it much more nicely than I would've thought. Keep away from the blue LEDs! :wink:

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 10:42:49 AM »
The R looks good in black tie but you need to smooth out the finish a bit next time.  Do you have any plans for spicing up the logos?
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

peperocket

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 11:30:47 AM »
This BLACK duo-rx look like K2000  :!:

Black Tiger

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 11:59:25 AM »
Submitted for your approval...

The PC Engine Duo-R: Offsidewing Special Edition

Make sure you play this game on it first-

http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

2X4

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 12:23:25 PM »
If anyone has a shit colored duo that they are willing to experiment on, I have a suggestion that may help.  You see your duo and you want it painted black?  First, go to a hardware or plumbing supply store and acquire some PVC primer.  It is formulated to take the smooth slickness off of PVC (plastic) pipe and fittings before gluing them together, as well as any dirt.  This stuff would probably take the yellowy shit right off of your duo, as well as prep it better for a paint job, should you decide to go KITT on your duo's ass.  I would recommend spot testing on the bottom somewhere, possibly with a diluted solution.  Even 25% primer may be enough, it's really strong stuff, so you will probably want to open a window as well.  This stuff takes the printing off of PVC pipe, but it obviously doesn't harm the plastic.  I seriously think it would work, but like I said try  diluting it very weak with water first and if it doesn't do anything, add a little more primer to the mix and try again till you get the right results. 
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

grahf

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 01:09:19 PM »
For you guys in the US wanting a blue LED, Radioshack sells them. They have the super-bright-blinding kind, as well as a less rediculous brightness one. Ive got a normal one in my system. Looks original, and matches the blue lettering on the Duo-R.

offsidewing

« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 03:47:55 PM »
This stuff would probably take the yellowy shit right off of your duo, as well as prep it better for a paint job, should you decide to go KITT on your duo's ass.   

Yeah, I did go KITT on my duo's ass.  Or did I go KARR???  Perhaps Goliath?!?!  Hmmm, sequenced LED's....

I never thought about slappin' some Christie's primer on the duo.  It will yank the blue logo right off the plastic fo sho.  I repaired many a golf course irrigation pipe back on my youth.  Open a window, because when you nose runs after inhaling that sh!t, it's not snot.  It's your liquified brains oozing out your nose.

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 04:55:59 PM »
I can tell where you've touched it.

Also, blue LEDs by nature are extremely bright.  Good luck finding one that isn't.

FM-77

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 10:42:55 PM »
I think the brightness is neat, but if you don't like it you can always install a resistor or two.

kenomac78

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2007, 12:10:23 AM »
nice!

if only there was a way to reaplpy the DUO RX logo!

2X4

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2007, 01:23:46 AM »
Stay away from the logo.  when you get the rest cleaned up, do the edges around the logo with a q-tip.

Yeah, I did go KITT on my duo's ass.  Or did I go KARR???  Perhaps Goliath?!?!  Hmmm, sequenced LED's....

Nope, if you went KARR on your duo's ass, it would have a blue light (but not "hurt your eyes blue").
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 01:35:09 AM by 2X4 »
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .