Author Topic: PCE Wireless Controllers???  (Read 644 times)

2X4

Re: PCE Wireless Controllers???
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 03:48:15 AM »
That's sweet.  Do you notice the line of sight issue that others mentioned?  also, how many controllers does the receiver support?
The Turbo was Dual Core when Dual Core wasn't cool . . .

Turbo D

« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 03:51:34 AM »
I think it supports 5

offsidewing

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 02:27:45 PM »
Yeah, the tap supports 5 players.  Each controller has a switch above the D-Pad with positions 1-5 marked.  I may see if the wife wants to play bonk 3 or bomberman to try out the multiplayer aspect.

The line of sight isn't too bad.  30 degrees of vertical range, and 70 degrees of horizontal (lateral) range.  I sit about 6-7 feet from the tap, so the distance opens up the range a lot.  I could see if I were sitting close to the unit where the range could be annoying, but then why would I need a cordless remote?

I'm really pleased with the controller itself too.  No lag, no choppy transmitting, and they don't weigh four pounds.  They are solid controllers.

I highly recommend them, if you have the means. 

2X4

« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »
Was there a wireless controller made for the U.S. Duo?  It seems like I remember hearing about that recently.  Either way, I know it would be easy to convert one, I was just curious.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2007, 11:19:51 AM »
There's no US IR controllers that I know of, but the PC Engine's work just fine with US Duos (as all PC Engine controllers do).  I'm unsure if they will work with a converter on a TG-16, but I don't see why not.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

2X4

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
well actually, with the wired controllers if you take them apart there is  a clip that slides off the board and I believe all turbo system control pads have the same type of connector clip, so converting it would take only a minute.  I asked about the US one more in the interest of availability, as the pc engine ones aren't that easy to find.  A little research suggests that a US version is impossible to find, but I could have sworn I saw pics of ones for the US Duo a while back.  Oh well.

offsidewing

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2007, 06:34:33 AM »
I VAGUELY remember a 'generic' wireless controller for the turbo.  This is over 15 years ago.  I remember the quality of it being slightly better than that of a happy meal toy.  I could be dead wrong and it may have been a NES controller, but I'm almost positive it was for the Turbo.

Speaking of which, anyone know where I can track down a Duo to Turbo pad adapter?

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2007, 07:37:10 AM »
Make your own or buy a replacement cable from TZD (or use a cable from a dead controller).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2007, 07:48:57 AM »
I couldn't take it, I ended up buying the PC ENGINE CORDLESS TAP AND PAD!!! Ya, you definitely inspired me offsidewing.

offsidewing

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2007, 10:40:04 AM »
I couldn't take it, I ended up buying the PC ENGINE CORDLESS TAP AND PAD!!! Ya, you definitely inspired me offsidewing.

I'm pleased.  It's a little pricey, but considering it's a quality component and it keeps the gaming area more tidy, I don't have any buyers remorse.  I've got a couple more pads on the way for Bomberman and Battlefield Wrestling Tournaments. 

2X4

« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
Ok where the crap did you buy it?!!!  I've been scouring the net and all I could find was one controller.  If you don't want to share your sources I understand, but is there some obvious place I don't know about?

And how do you make your own?

*edit* oh yeah, you meant make your own adapter.  Offsidewing, like I said just take the controller apart and you can see the wire harness that clips onto your board inside the pad. take the other controller apart, switch the cables and you're done!  Something even I'm capable of.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 11:01:32 AM by 2X4 »

Turbo D

« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 02:51:13 PM »
I bought it on ebay

offsidewing

« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 01:49:02 PM »
I now have a Cordless tap and one, two, three, four, five, FIVE brand new cordless controllers AH-AH-AH!!