Author Topic: Should I open it?  (Read 1397 times)

offsidewing

Re: Should I open it?
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2007, 05:19:52 AM »
Yeah, what the f*ck is up with that?

And then it's a huge battle to try to get her to throw ONE f*ckING PURSE AWAY!

It's like,

"Honey, you haven't used that purse since 2005. Do you REALLY plan on using it again any time soon? You'll still have the other 8,567. It's just I can't hang my coat in the coat closet anymore because all the hangers are being used by purses that haven't seen the light of day-- this century."

"Nat, I just haven't worn the outfit it goes with in a while... But I use it! It gets used! Fine, you throw one of your video game consoles or computers away and I'll get rid of it."

"That's not quite the same..."

"Of course it is!"

...And round and round we go.
I'm lucky, mine is into 'cute' purses and not the name, although she does have a couple hi dollah purses, which every woman should.  But explaining game systems, golf clubs, and televisions to her is futile. 

I understand fashion, but what kills me is the 6 black purses and 14 pairs of black shoes she owns.  I own two pairs of black shoes and they both go with my $5 jeans to my uber expensive suits.

What really ENRAGES me is this:  She has soooo many clothes that she forgets what she has.  Then one day she finds something she forgot she owned and says,
Mrs. Offsidewing:  oh honey, look what I found.  I just saw the cutest pair of heels to go with these. 
Me: "didn't you buy a pair of shoes to go with that originally?" 
Mrs. Offsidewing:  yes, but those shoes are so 2004. 
Me: "So, does that mean you're going to get rid of them?" 
Mrs. Offsidewing:  NO!  They're practically brand new, I only wore them once.
Me:  ](*,)

MrFulci

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2007, 06:01:51 AM »
hahaha, nice to see clothes placed into comparison with video games. It's not that much different...

I'd rather collect certain video games than... stamps. Stamps may be interesting to look at, a bit of history, however you can't do much else with them. Kinda like a sealed game, hah!
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

takashirose

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2007, 01:51:40 PM »
I love opening sealed games because I know that it was never played and the just opened feel of it is why I like it. 
Let the old mix with the new.

offsidewing

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2007, 03:34:42 AM »
I scored a sealed Power Golf for 6 bucks.  I can't wait to open it!!

vestcoat

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
Yeah, I got sealed copies of Sidearms, Power Golf and TV Sports Basketball in the mail today and they're all waiting for me at home.  A sealed copy of Drop Off is in the mail as well.  I'm goinng to open all of them.

Order of the Griffon is my only sealed game that I don't intend to open.

offsidewing

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2007, 04:59:38 AM »
I'm not sure if I want to open my sealed Power Golf.  Not that I'm afraid I'll loose out if the game doubles in price over the next twenty years to $12 bucks, but just because it's new.  It's sitting on the shelf next to my sealed Blazing Lazers, Cosmic Fantasy 2, and Final Lap Twin.

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth $30 (each) for a sealed Final Zone 2, Monster Lair, and Fighting Street.

esteban

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2007, 07:38:08 AM »
I'm not sure if I want to open my sealed Power Golf.  Not that I'm afraid I'll loose out if the game doubles in price over the next twenty years to $12 bucks, but just because it's new.  It's sitting on the shelf next to my sealed Blazing Lazers, Cosmic Fantasy 2, and Final Lap Twin.

I'm still trying to decide if it's worth $30 (each) for a sealed Final Zone 2, Monster Lair, and Fighting Street.
I have yet to jump into Power Golf 2 because it is much more involved than straight-forward (dare I say "arcade") golf games: lots of management stuff, if the manual is to be trusted.

I say open PG2 when you're prepared for some commitment to it.

In general, I like to open a sealed-game when I'm really stoked and want to play it and can't wait any longer -- delaying gratification makes it more fun, IMO.
  |    |