Author Topic: I'd have to say that Final Soldier is my all-time favorite U.S. Turbochip  (Read 1395 times)

Joe Redifer

Also on that DVD video my friend gave me with all of those similar shooters was a game where you played as a PC Engine.  The gameplay looked similar to the Soldier series, but the graphics were about 100x better since the game wasn't based in outer space, and the music was pretty good as well.  What game is this?

esteban

Also on that DVD video my friend gave me with all of those similar shooters was a game where you played as a PC Engine.  The gameplay looked similar to the Soldier series, but the graphics were about 100x better since the game wasn't based in outer space, and the music was pretty good as well.  What game is this?
Star Parodia (in the States, it was slated to be "Fantasy Star Soldier").

Joe, this game is creative and fun. It's only flaw: way too easy. But it's still worth playing, because it exudes lots of charm, especially for Hudson fans.
  |    | 

nat

Star Parodia/Fantasy Star Soldier is to the Soldier series what Parodius is to the Gradius series.

If you like Parodius you will likely like Fantasy Star Soldier. In addition to playing as a PC Engine, you can also play as Bomberman and a cartoony version of the ship from Super Star Soldier (I think).

Joe Redifer

Well... I like Phantasy Star.  Can I play as characters from that series?

Keranu

I love Star Parodia. It would be my favorite of the series unless you count Blazing Lazers as part of it.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

I wouldn't mind playing a Fantasy Zone Soldier game(a vertical Fantasy Zone) with options to play as Opa Opa, his dad, or one of those angry brick heads or something(maybe the log boss).  :P
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum