Author Topic: Best Turbo emulator with CD support?  (Read 1278 times)

Tatsujin

Re: Best Turbo emulator with CD support?
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2007, 05:16:40 PM »
do you know someone who owns the "licence to play"? just copy it in your folder and ME will run unlimited. also i believe that the screecaps are in the accurate res.
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #61 on: August 31, 2007, 02:19:02 AM »
do you know someone who owns the "licence to play"? just copy it in your folder and ME will run unlimited. also i believe that the screecaps are in the accurate res.

Or you could just stab some jerk on the street, steal his wallet, and pay for a M.E. key.  If nineteen whole dollars is too much, live with the time restriction or use something else.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Turbo D

« Reply #62 on: August 31, 2007, 02:40:15 AM »
Magic Engine's whole time restriction tactics are designed to torture you into buying their key  :x. Who would want to pay $20 for an emulator? not me  :wink:

Gentlegamer

« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2007, 08:41:01 PM »
I skimmed some of the thread . . .

Magic Engine does play CD games quite well. If using CD "images," they will need to be mounted on a virtual CD drive. It also takes screen shots in the native PCE resolution. Of course, this is from my use of the Windows version. I've never used the Mac version (because I have a real computer, HA!).

As for command lines, I am not a programmer, but I appreciate their use. I love emulators that use command lines because it makes it easier to use with a separate GUI (not the one bundled with the emu). This is great for those who would like to use a single universal GUI for multiple emulators that were programmed by different groups. I've become much more "computer smart" working with command lines BECAUSE of emulators.

I find it laughable that someone could complain about command lines in a FREE program. If you don't like command lines . . . build your own emulator from the ground up with a GUI and show them "how it should be done."

Joe Redifer

« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2007, 10:11:25 PM »

I've never used the Mac version (because I have a real computer, HA!).

**slaps forehead**

I've just been totally PWND!!!!   #-o