Author Topic: Because I'm bored...  (Read 235 times)

Kitsunexus

Because I'm bored...
« on: October 18, 2007, 10:01:07 PM »
...here's 3 free MP3s!

Super Fantasy Zone (Sega Genesis) - Intro: I hope this game needs no introduction. Seriously, this game rules. I love the beat in this song.

The Twisted Tales Of Spike McFang (SNES) - Castle: I don't know why this game isn't as popular as it should be (to be fair though, I never rented this game because the boxart looked cheesy, only through emulators have I realized my mistake). It's an awesome action RPG developed by Red and published by Naxat Soft (Bullet Proof published it over here). The soundtrack is amazing (well done SNES SoundCanvas jazz), this is one of my favorite songs.

Undake 30 - Same Game Mario (Super Famicom) - BGM:
This is an awesome game. Hudson Soft made a cool puzzle game called Same Game that used expandable cartridges for new sounds and music. Nintendo made a Mario themed version that featured this Mario style remix of the Same Game theme. Unfortunately, this song will do nothing to sway Joe's fine tuned sense of reverb, as this game may as well have had it's samples recorded in a cave. Still catchy though.

nat

Re: Because I'm bored...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 11:06:19 AM »

Undake 30 - Same Game Mario (Super Famicom) - BGM:
This is an awesome game. Hudson Soft made a cool puzzle game called Same Game that used expandable cartridges for new sounds and music. Nintendo made a Mario themed version that featured this Mario style remix of the Same Game theme. Unfortunately, this song will do nothing to sway Joe's fine tuned sense of reverb, as this game may as well have had it's samples recorded in a cave. Still catchy though.

Hudson Soft also made a version of this game on the PC-FX called Same Game FX. It's so much better than the SFC version, it features REAL LIVE POLYGONS!!!11!! OMFG!11!! It's also SUPR R4R3!!!

The PC-FX version didn't have an expansion port since the PC-FX is too powerful for expansions.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Because I'm bored...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 11:28:47 AM »
The PC-FX version didn't have an expansion port since the PC-FX is too powerful for expansions.

They made two prototypes, but they were far too powerful.  They went nuclear and are now used at the Hamaoka power plant as reactors 3 and 4.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles