Author Topic: Gate of Thunder: back of CD artwork  (Read 1021 times)

Dark Fact

Re: Gate of Thunder: back of CD artwork
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 10:50:11 AM »
Holy shit, if that description was real, then I would've believed that NEC just didn't give a flying f*ck about its own system in R1 land.  Thank God it's just doctored.

Still funny as hell though. :lol:

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

Joe Redifer

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »
I honestly take it as a huge compliment that anyone would think it's real, even if only for a few seconds.

nat

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 11:55:51 AM »
I honestly take it as a huge compliment that anyone would think it's real, even if only for a few seconds.

Well you have to admit, it does look completely official if you don't happen to actually read what is being said.

If you wanted, you could make a more professional sounding blurb and I'd give money to anyone who could tell it wasn't real.

Arjak

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2007, 01:44:02 PM »
This topic rules! I hadn't seen that first back insert, and it only confirms my belief that Joe here is one of of the great members of this forum. Gotta love the mish-mash of stupidity, and the Johnny Turbo quote is the icing on the cake!

Considering that you guys are considering making a more "legit" back. I have proudly decided to offer my writing services to produce the synopsis for it.

And yes, I did pull this out of my ass in a few minutes time, using the manual for reference.

The evil general Don Jingi of the Obellon Army is attacking the peaceful Planet Colony of Aries!
As the greatest starpilot in the galaxy, codenamed "Hawk," you will face off against the Obellon
Army in a top-of-the-line fighter to stop them single-handedly in the war to end all wars!
Can you save Planet Aries from the evil hands of Don Jingi? Its fate is in your hands...

* Seven intense levels of hardcore shooting action!

* Tons of impressive power-ups!

* Includes Bonk's Adventure and Bonk's Revenge!

* Also includes a secret game...Can YOU find it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 01:47:24 PM by Arjak »
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

OldTurboBastard

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2007, 03:21:03 PM »
'Snort Blo' always makes me laugh.  :lol:

makes me have to take sh@t...  :-&

Funny back cover though, both of 'em
"I saw this wino, he was eating grapes. I was like, "Dude, you have to wait." - hedberg

Keranu

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
The cut out of that boy from the Johnny Turbo comic gave it away for me :P .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).