Author Topic: console warz  (Read 2122 times)

guyjin

Re: console warz
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2007, 04:29:22 AM »
the blockbuster we went to to rent games back in the day had a VB. I think I played it once, and decided this was not for me. It also might've had to do with the fact that it was broken most of the time.
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Keranu

« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2007, 06:00:02 PM »
People have actually seen a Virtual Boy in real life, and even used it? That is shocking!
Indeed! Now if you can show me people that have actually used a Pipin Atmark, I'll crap my pants.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

GUTS

« Reply #77 on: November 01, 2007, 10:51:25 AM »
Virtual Boys were $20 brand new at Toys R Us like 4 months after they came out, I remember they had them for ages too.  Toys R Us used to rock back in the 90s, I remember getting tons of good Turbo Grafx, Genesis, and SNES games over the years for $10 on clearance.  Now they never have anything good on clearance, and if they do the ebay power seller faggots snatch them up by the cart load.

MrFulci

« Reply #78 on: November 01, 2007, 10:59:23 AM »
I rememebr looking through the video game aisles, for red tickets near a video game, as that generally meant the game was priced $20 or less, and was on sale or clearance.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

nat

« Reply #79 on: November 01, 2007, 11:00:39 AM »
The first time I played Air Zonk was on a demo unit at my local Toys 'R Us.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: November 01, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
I got my VB for 20 bucks at Wal-Mart and I had 10 games.  Each game was 3.99 at the time of the big clearance.

A guy offered me $75 for it and all 10 games I had at the MGC and I sold it on the spot.

I kind of miss that old silly red thing.....................

Joe Redifer

« Reply #81 on: November 01, 2007, 03:10:26 PM »
Damn, if you only had 4 more games you would have had every single Virtual Boy game EVER MADE!