Author Topic: My stance on emulation - Please read before judging!  (Read 879 times)

rolins

Re: My stance on emulation - Please read before judging!
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2007, 05:56:58 AM »
IMO I prefer to use emulators over the real hardware, and for the kind of systems I'm trying to emulate I say they're accurate enough. The only exception is the Saturn and the PS2, for obvious reasons. I used to be one of those hardcore retro collectors for almost 12yrs, but hording games is expensive and addictive. I have no idea how much money I wasted on my hobby, not to say I hated the PCE or any other systems I've owned in the past. I really enjoyed every minute of playing the real thing, but I also don't want to become homeless.

I sometimes regret selling my video game collection, but I know most of it is in good hands by ppl I know myself. Having played the games on real hardware, I really can't tell difference when I'm playing them on an emulator. I realize there's this aesthetic and nostalgic appeal, that feels right when seeing & listening to the game as was meant to be. But I can get that same experience on my PC with a RGB monitor, stereo speakers, and the exact retro joystick for each emulator. It plays all the same to me.