Author Topic: Ever play Turbo-Grafx on Drugs or Alcohol?  (Read 1286 times)

guyjin

Re: Ever play Turbo-Grafx on Drugs or Alcohol?
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2007, 12:07:50 PM »
Nah, even if that was true, there would have been a certain "Overlap" period in the late 70's early 80's.  You know, pac-man, coke, some ludes, some disco, stuff like that.

They were just trying to improve the graphics.  :-"
"Fun is a strong word." - SNK
"Today, people do all kind of shit." - Tatsujin

Bonknuts

« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »

I don't think I've ever gotten shit faced and played games.

I know I've gotten totally shit faced and did stupid Guy Kazama impersonations. Probably some Final Zone II impersonations... it's hard remember, my memory is a bit fuzzy of those nights.

We (or should I say, 'cause I was the only one with enough money to buy the shit) used to buy Mickey 40's and King Cobra 40's. Everyone was given 1 Mickey and two King Cobra's ('cause they were cheaper and didn't take like shit after downing the Mickeys). I remember downing a 40 and then lighting up a bowl, got hungry and ordered some pizza. It felt like they took forever. I called twice asking why it was taking sooo long. In reality it was probably only 10-15 minutes.

I did try to play FF7 one time after smoking a bowl. That didn't work out to well. I spent the whole time look back and fourth between the screen and the controller. I kept forgetting where the buttons were on the controller. That totally sucked. It was probably 'cause I was always a rookie when it came to smoking. Never tried playing games on LSD. That would be a trip.

And lastly, it's still my goal to try peyote at least once in my life. Maybe I'll schedule in some game time if I ever get around to trying it.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2007, 02:02:24 AM »
lol to the doing blow while playing gate of thunder.  That is hilarious.  Yes I assume you're joking.

Wrong.  I never joke.

I have the original Gate of Thunder from 1992. It cost $69 and 95 cents at Radio Shack. You have to go to Radio Shack to get this game. It closes at 9:30, Ray. We have to get there before 9:30, Ray. My highscore is 3 million 984 thousand 3 hundred and 83. I had all my lives left. Ray, where's my Turbo Express, Ray? We have to go to Radio Shack now, Ray. It closes at 9:30, Ray. The Radio Shack in the South End Plaza Mall. It has the best collection of games, Ray.

Nice rainman, ceti alpha - now bow before my almighty Photoshop skillz.  :roll:

P.S. - TurboGrafx is my drug of choice.  Sure I'm an addict, but I'll never go to another meeting (AA's for quitters).
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

WoodyXP

« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2007, 02:16:15 AM »

I like to play Special Criminal Investigation while bombed off my ass.  I always keep my Jordache
sneakers nearby incase I need to run from the real cops.   8)

ceti alpha

« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2007, 02:43:35 AM »
Nice rainman, ceti alpha - now bow before my almighty Photoshop skillz.   :roll:

LMAO!!  :clap:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 02:47:32 AM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Golgo13

« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2007, 10:16:18 PM »
You know, this is what I like about these forums, people who play turbografx in 2007 are hardcore.  All the coke, mushrooms, weed and king cobra.  You just wont find people like this on an xbox forum.

MurderDate

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2007, 01:11:21 AM »
Tg16 some weed and a couple cups of coffee for me    f*ck alcohol  I can't keep still when I drink that shit   
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse

Golgo13

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2007, 05:16:51 PM »
Speaking of this subject, I am pretty sure that Miyamoto guy was on alot of drugs when he invented the mario brothers.

Turbo D

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2007, 05:36:56 PM »
I'll second that  :)

Sinistron

« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2007, 05:53:16 AM »
LOL that rainman pic is the shit.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

ceti alpha

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2007, 11:32:23 AM »
LOL that rainman pic is the shit.

hehe. Indeed.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

MissaFX

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2007, 05:55:11 AM »
This reminds me of a specific interview with the creator of Every Extend Extra, and how he talked about encouraging his employees to make _this_ game without the aid of mind altering drugs.  The impression he gave me after hearing the interview was that games like Lumines and Rez were made entirely out of drug induced hazes.

That being said, I personally love drinking while playing any of the Crazy Taxi games, drunk in the arcade is even better ^_^  Crazy Taxi just feels perfect as a drunk simulator, especially with all the people screaming, running away, and cursing at you.

Some games like Ikaruga are impossible to beat on the hard setting I think unless you are in that "Winners don't use drugs, unless they are in the "zone"" kind of mindset someone else mentioned.  There's a very relaxed, frantic, zen like state you must achive to really flow in a game like that.

Recently I took Return to Zork on the FX for a spin and decided I needed to drink for that game.  For minutes at a time a few pixles on the screen will move and a lot of Japanese talking without any text will commence.  I found myself getting up to do things while scenes went on, but drinking some, kept me in my seat lol.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08