Author Topic: Grafx to Duo controller adapter?  (Read 555 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: Grafx to Duo controller adapter?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2008, 06:28:39 PM »
Yeah, but the seller is obligated to test a used model. With a "new" model its a shot in the dark.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2008, 06:45:57 PM »
Very true, though both Duos are in the same boat thirty days later (except the new one will always have less wear and tear).  That doesn't make it worth paying a huge premium, but I can understand why people would prefer new versus old.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

vestcoat

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2008, 07:33:57 AM »
Jitawa, SignofZeta made a good point about swapping your controller cables.  However, you can do the same thing with Tap cables.  Buy a TurboTap and replace the cable with the one from your DuoTap (no, the nice long cable from your DuoPad won't work).  I would either do that or see if Nat can help you out.

nat

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
Jitawa, SignofZeta made a good point about swapping your controller cables.  However, you can do the same thing with Tap cables.  Buy a TurboTap and replace the cable with the one from your DuoTap (no, the nice long cable from your DuoPad won't work).

Yes, it will. I even wrote up a DIY guide for using pad cables in your Tap over a year ago and posted it up on these very forums:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2893.msg36307#msg36307

And if that looks too intimidating for anyone here, as vestcoat indicated, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Personally, I've been enjoying a super-long MultiTap cable for a couple years now.

Jitawa

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2008, 04:04:53 PM »
Jitawa, SignofZeta made a good point about swapping your controller cables.  However, you can do the same thing with Tap cables.  Buy a TurboTap and replace the cable with the one from your DuoTap (no, the nice long cable from your DuoPad won't work).

Yes, it will. I even wrote up a DIY guide for using pad cables in your Tap over a year ago and posted it up on these very forums:

https://www.pcenginefx.com/forums/index.php?topic=2893.msg36307#msg36307

And if that looks too intimidating for anyone here, as vestcoat indicated, I'd be happy to do it for you.

Personally, I've been enjoying a super-long MultiTap cable for a couple years now.

Yeah, I sent you a PM a bit ago, thanks Nat!

vestcoat

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2008, 05:20:17 PM »
Thanks for reposting that thread, Nat.  I knew that the cord doesn't work as-is couldn't remember how complex the modification was.