Author Topic: Dark Knight trailer, feelings? Batman Continues!  (Read 241 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Dark Knight trailer, feelings? Batman Continues!
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:18:14 PM »
Just wondering what other peoples thoughts are on the trailer, I saw it on youtube, & everyone posting there is going nuts over it, saying how great the new Joker, Heath Ledger, is.  I was hyped for the movie(though, Heath being the Joker did make me somewhat skeptical), but, now I'm not.  It doesn't look all that great.  I know the Joker wasn't going to be like Mark Hamill's(though, his ruled IMO), but, I'm still depressed at the trailer.  It just doesn't look all that great. 

I like my Joker(comic accurate or not) to be a little friggin' wacky, not just some psycho albino who likes to kill, maim, etc.  But, I'll see the movie, that last one was ok, & LEAGUES better then anything Joel Schumacher was involved in, & also better then Batman Returns for the most part.  I'm still not totally feeling the new Bruce Wayne/Batman(he's just kinda "meh"), but, I love Lt. Gordon, he's cool, infact, one the coolest character in the first movie, that actor did a really good job.  Ra's al Ghul was also really good, maybe the best of the movie, no one else seemed to stand out but those two.

One less movie for me to be excited about I guess.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 08:19:57 PM by ParanoiaDragon »

Keranu

Re: Dark Knight trailer, feelings? Batman Continues!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 09:01:43 PM »
I haven't seen it yet, but I was really hoping the Joker would be Crispin Glover :( .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 04:41:45 AM »
I was hoping that it would be Jack again.  Failing that, I think that Johnny Depp would fill the wacky shoes quite nicely.

I'm still looking forward to another Batman movie, but I'm keeping my expectations low.  My only wish is that I don't feel like I've wasted $10 like I do after most movies.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

TR0N

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 02:48:18 PM »
I'm kind of holding out on,Heath being the joker since i don't know if it will be good or not.

Still from the trailer it looks good so far.

Long as it's good as what batman begins was then i will,be looking forward to it by next year then.

Most..of the time i keep my expceptions low for any movie based on a comic book.

PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 04:09:55 PM »
I watched it again, & I'm not totally against it, but, he's still not the joker that I want.  If anything, I would want Mark Hamill as the joker, cuz he's my favorite.  But, Johnny Depp, that's an interesting thought, hmm.

Keranu

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 04:19:25 PM »
Just watched the trailer, doesn't excite me personally and that new Joker isn't cutting it for me either (seems too goth and not "happy" enough to be Joker). I didn't like Batman Begins because it really didn't seem like at Batman movie at all to me aside from the costume, but at least this movie seems to be more focused on the super hero in his cape. On the other hand, this movie seems a bit pointless since I can just watch the Tim Burton film ;) .
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 04:38:09 PM »
I feel like the Joker here, is just, kinda generic.  The Joker, is supposed to be the anti-Batman, in otherwords, someone who does joke, & is wacky, the opposite of Batman.  But, we'll see, & maybe Christian Bale will do a better job with this one :-k