Author Topic: North America Turbo Duo or Japanese Duo R/RX?  (Read 641 times)

ceti alpha

Re: North America Turbo Duo or Japanese Duo R/RX?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2008, 05:28:35 AM »
I love the sleekness of the US Duo, but honestly you put a couple of purple LEDs in the DuoR and it looks like teh sex.

Neat. I looked briefly online for any pics someone uploaded of teh sex, but unfortunately I only managed to find a post on GameSpot forums where a guy was describing his purple LED that you modded for him.  :)

By the way D-Lite, how do I set up a time with you? Just send a personal message? I can't do it right now as I've had to shell coin into my car, but I imagine it shouldn't be too long before I'll be able to pimp my Turbo.  8)

Here's the reference to the purple LED mod: (the pic is on page 1 of the thread...I think.)

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=21297697&union_id=859&page=7
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:30:40 AM by ceti alpha »

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2008, 05:45:06 AM »
Neat. I looked briefly online for any pics someone uploaded of teh sex, but unfortunately I only managed to find a post on GameSpot forums where a guy was describing his purple LED that you modded for him.  :)

Look in the Turbo hardware section of the sales area of D-Lite's site for some nice pics of modded up Duo-Rs.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

ceti alpha

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2008, 10:36:44 AM »
Look in the Turbo hardware section of the sales area of D-Lite's site for some nice pics of modded up Duo-Rs.

Cool. Thanks Necro. The links to those particular pics seems to be down though. However, the sales section answered my questions as to how much it would cost to mod my system. Pretty much around what I thought. And pretty much around what it cost me to fix my side mirror.  ](*,) haha.

Though I did notice that D-Lite want you to play the system after 2 hours to check for the sound issue, since that's how long the system usually takes to heat up. However, my sound issue usually happens right away or maybe 15 minutes into play. Some games also seem to be worse than others, but that could just be my imagination. So I was just wondering if maybe it's another issue altogether.  :-k I was talking to a clerk at a local game store over Christmas (no Turbo stuff there  :() and he said that at one time they had a Duo with a sound issue and they just bought a new RCA cord and it cleared up.  :-k Just curious.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2008, 01:13:04 PM »
Once you've seen the Duo R with a blue LED the green one just looks wrong.

ceti alpha

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2008, 01:19:21 PM »
Once you've seen the Duo R with a blue LED the green one just looks wrong.

Sweet Jesus!  :clap:

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2008, 03:27:09 PM »
Here is my 10 step history of what I went through with my US March 93 Duo:

1. Bought it in 2000-2001 or so from TZD new for $200 or so.

2. Played it a little when I got it with Ys1+2, Final Zone 2 and the 4 in 1 disc.

3. Went to college in 2003 living in dorms outta town and let it sit at parents.

4. I did not touch it until 2007 and then the audio started to fade out.

5. I fixed it by replacing the capacitors myself.

6. Then I played a lot of CD-Rs and more official CD and HuCard games on it.

7. Got my Duo region modded and S-video modded by grahf and bought tons of US and JAP HuCards from D-Lite along with a nice Avenue 6 button.

8. Then a month later the lens started to crap out.

9. Ordered 2 lenses from electronix and replaced it and works as good as new.

10. Now look at it, its kick ass!!!!

ceti alpha

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2008, 05:57:40 PM »
Here is my 10 step history of what I went through with my US March 93 Duo:

1. Bought it in 2000-2001 or so from TZD new for $200 or so.

2. Played it a little when I got it with Ys1+2, Final Zone 2 and the 4 in 1 disc.

3. Went to college in 2003 living in dorms outta town and let it sit at parents.

4. I did not touch it until 2007 and then the audio started to fade out.

5. I fixed it by replacing the capacitors myself.

6. Then I played a lot of CD-Rs and more official CD and HuCard games on it.

7. Got my Duo region modded and S-video modded by grahf and bought tons of US and JAP HuCards from D-Lite along with a nice Avenue 6 button.

8. Then a month later the lens started to crap out.

9. Ordered 2 lenses from electronix and replaced it and works as good as new.

10. Now look at it, its kick ass!!!!

Nice. I can't wait to get mine to the state yours is at.  :) But it's so worth it to get the Duo up and running like that. Cosmetically my Duo is great and the lens seems to be running fine (I really shouldn't have said that. lol), but the sound issue must be remedied. I had a Raiden marathon tonight (nope, still haven't beat it.  ](*,) but close) and the sound never gave me a problem, though the audio has that scratchiness to it. Dungeon Explorer seems to be OK too sound wise, but the red book audio on the CDs is pretty much a no go most of the time now. Damn capacitors :!: Though Galaga 90 sound seems to bonk out more often than the other HuCARD games. To make a short story long, my Duo needs some TLC.  :-#