Author Topic: DARKWING DUCK  (Read 1325 times)

esteban

Re: DARKWING DUCK
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008, 12:21:46 AM »
D-WingDuck :

so I played through the game on easy mode last night.   I'm gonna paint myself into a corner here with this one , but :  LOVED IT !
BETTER THAN GHOST MANOR !  As soon as you get the controls down the game actually plays really great.  You are bottom-heavy, like a duck , sure.  But all the jumping feels GREAT !   I didn't like the music at first until I put together that it's supposed to be a film noir spin off and then overall I'd say I changed my mind.  Graphics are great all around - if you like the late era hu-cards vibe as much as I do you won't have any complaints there.   Now the main thing that gets me about this game is how much more difficult the bosses are once you switch from easy mode to "normal" mode.  I only played one (and this was preeeeety late last night), but I'd say it was ALMOST unreasonable.  Definitely will take some practice.    so overall I'd give it a 6 (Ghost Manor gets a 5 from me).

and I was waiting to hear "LET'S GET DANGEROUS!" the whole session but it never came  !!??
wow.

wow.

This has to be a first in the history of the TG-16 universe: unabashed praise for DD.
  |    | 

Sinistron

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2008, 01:19:34 AM »
And, you folks who beat Ghost Manor: what is the flying stage like (you fly around in a skull, or something)? I always thought that stage looked really neat, but I've never gotten there.

I never beat it- but I got to that last guy- honestly he seemed pretty easy but I was too amazed that I reached him and got owned.  It's not much of a stage- just a boss fight where you get to fly around on some kind of skull chariot- if I remember correctly every time you hit him (the boss) he disappears and reappears.  Gonna have to beat that game soon.  I just wish that I wrote down which doors teleport you back to the beginning which to me is the biggest bitch in that game.

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2008, 08:19:07 AM »
I remember beating it back in the day on easy, & then promptly returning it to Babbage's & got Bonk 3 instead.  What I'd still like to know, if anyone has ever seen a motorcycle scene in the game that you can play.  Maybe on normal?

MurderDate

« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2008, 08:41:19 AM »
What I'd still like to know, if anyone has ever seen a motorcycle scene in the game that you can play.  Maybe on normal?

great question.  Anybody know ?
"I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO! JUST KILL ME AND GET IT OVER WITH!"
"Don't be vulgar. We're artists..."
Jess Franco's La Comtesse Perverse