Author Topic: D-Lite's mod chip  (Read 769 times)

SignOfZeta

Re: D-Lite's mod chip
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2008, 05:16:42 AM »
It may not be very tidy, but I assure you there is no way in hell those wires are coming off. The power wire maybe, but not the ones at the chip, the switch, or the HuCard slot. They are the strongest welds on this Duo right now.

BTW, thanks for the vote for this PS2 mode chip. I've been shopping around for one lately and don't know what to get. Am I going to be able to load games from an HD with this? I need auto detection of all media and also all region DVD support.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:18:21 AM by SignOfZeta »

FM-77

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2008, 09:14:37 AM »
Xeno PS is great. It's a clone of Matrix Infinity (the best chip on the market) and it has the exact same features as it. I've installed this in all my PS2s, and my friend's systems. It's very reliable and of high quality.

And yeah, it does everything you wanted (auto detects all media and completely ignores DVD movie region protection, it also supports pirated DVD movies). Including more (feature list here). It even lets your console output VGA, so you can connect it to a monitor or HDTV for full 480p support. But you'll need a seperate VGA cable for that, of course.

What PS2 model do you have? Slim or phat? In any case, you can load games off a hard drive with a slim model but you're going to need to use an external USB drive with USB Advance. Compatibility is rather low for that, though.

If you have a phat PS2, you'll be able to play pretty much anything off a standard IDE drive with HD Loader. It's awesome. I use it almost exclusively.

http://sksapps.com/index.php?page=hd.html

Get all the HD Loader and USB Advance files here.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:19:44 AM by FM-77 »

SignOfZeta

« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2008, 10:24:51 AM »
I have an original PS2. Fat. Very fat. Very ugly. I hate this machine, but I love many of the games on it.

So where is the best place to actually buy one of these?

FM-77

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2008, 11:08:10 AM »
Modchips are becoming somewhat hard to come by now that Divineo (previously the world's biggest retailer) has stopped selling them, but this store has some expensive chips, no clones...

http://www.modchip.ca/store/home.php?cat=268

I've bought from them personally. A very very professional and serious business (they even called me from across the globe just to ask me something).