Author Topic: Sell me a Turbo Stick? Anyone?  (Read 335 times)

T2KFreeker

Sell me a Turbo Stick? Anyone?
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:03:56 AM »
Well, I keep striking out, so here's one that might happen? I need a Turbo Stick controller. Anyone want to sell me one?
END OF LINE.

T2KFreeker

Re: Sell me a Turbo Stick? Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
Nobody has one of these for sale? Come on all. Just name a price.
END OF LINE.

nat

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 06:01:19 PM »
The following guy has 'em brand new/factory sealed for around $20 shipped. He's a UK seller but I've bought from him numerous times. He's a good seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OFFICIAL-TURBO-GRAFX-16-DUO-TURBOSTICK-CONTROLLER-NEW-B_W0QQitemZ130211150451

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 06:21:11 PM »
Agreed, he's a good seller but slow to ship.  The price is a bit higher than $20 though; it's £17.99, which is about $36.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Jitawa

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »
There's an ebay auction up for 25.00 to start, dunno how popular the sticks tend to be:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Graphx-16-Turbo-Stick-turbo-Graphix_W0QQitemZ180228752606QQihZ008QQcategoryZ49230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, depending on where you live, there's a used store near me that has like eight (in Texas), and they sell them for $20 a pop as I recall.  They probably don't ship items though, but maybe they're a chain?

T2KFreeker

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
There's an ebay auction up for 25.00 to start, dunno how popular the sticks tend to be:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Turbo-Graphx-16-Turbo-Stick-turbo-Graphix_W0QQitemZ180228752606QQihZ008QQcategoryZ49230QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Also, depending on where you live, there's a used store near me that has like eight (in Texas), and they sell them for $20 a pop as I recall.  They probably don't ship items though, but maybe they're a chain?

Maybe I can Paypal you the money and you could pick one up and ship it to me? :pray:

END OF LINE.

Jitawa

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:02:08 AM »
I should probably clarify that "near me" in this case is a couple of hours away.  8-[

Anyhow, it's not a huge price difference if you just wanted to grab the ebay one or that other one.  Unless you want to buy in bulk.

nat

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 03:30:09 AM »
Agreed, he's a good seller but slow to ship.  The price is a bit higher than $20 though; it's £17.99, which is about $36.

Ouch, I didn't look at the shipping on that one. I figured it was the same as the games (about $10).

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:23 AM »
Yeah, the shipping on them is high.  I was almost ready to order a Turbo Stick from them and then realized the shipping was more than the Stick.  I'll just keep looking for a good deal on Ebay.
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

Jitawa

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2008, 03:25:14 PM »
Ok, I went back to that store that I saw before that was selling them for $20 (boxed).  I was told that they were mismarked, and that the guy had ordered them from "some wholesaler or something that had a bunch of old new-in-a-box turbo stuff" left over from whenever.  That sounded kinda like that business with the Canadian stuff people are ordering from the UK.

Anyhow, to recoup the cost + shipping the guy paid for them, they're marked up to $49.99 - not such a deal.  I should've expected something like that I guess, since their turbopads sell for $20 used in little baggies.  On an unrelated note, they had a "complete" copy of Valis 3, case and all - but for $50 (more than I'd want to pay).

I guess barring some other discoveries, Ebay probably remains the best bet if you don't want to get totally ripped off.  As a side note, the last time I searched for a turbo stick on the amazon marketplace, a bunch of vibrators came up - I found that amusing.

T2KFreeker

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 12:51:53 PM »
Ok, I went back to that store that I saw before that was selling them for $20 (boxed).  I was told that they were mismarked, and that the guy had ordered them from "some wholesaler or something that had a bunch of old new-in-a-box turbo stuff" left over from whenever.  That sounded kinda like that business with the Canadian stuff people are ordering from the UK.

Anyhow, to recoup the cost + shipping the guy paid for them, they're marked up to $49.99 - not such a deal.  I should've expected something like that I guess, since their turbopads sell for $20 used in little baggies.  On an unrelated note, they had a "complete" copy of Valis 3, case and all - but for $50 (more than I'd want to pay).

I guess barring some other discoveries, Ebay probably remains the best bet if you don't want to get totally ripped off.  As a side note, the last time I searched for a turbo stick on the amazon marketplace, a bunch of vibrators came up - I found that amusing.

Well, I appreciate you checking into that for me dude. No vibrators though, thanx'.  :lol:
END OF LINE.

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 02:04:32 PM »
Can you hook me up with a link to the vibes :D  Just kidding!
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">