Author Topic: I need a Turbo Booster Plus, PLEASE!!!!  (Read 276 times)

T2KFreeker

I need a Turbo Booster Plus, PLEASE!!!!
« on: March 30, 2008, 12:08:31 PM »
Okay, so I am sure that someone on here has a Turbo Booster plus they could let go of. It doesn't even have to be boxed as I want to use the unit to save some of my games on. If you got one, please let me know, I am interrested beyond belief.

Jason
END OF LINE.

Jitawa

Re: I need a Turbo Booster Plus, PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 10:15:23 AM »

T2KFreeker

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 04:16:02 PM »
I appreciate it. I guess I'll just stick with my regilat old Booster and live with passwords. ](*,)
END OF LINE.

kid_rondeau

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 12:39:53 AM »
You know, given the condition of the unit on ebay, and the relative infrequency with which I actually see the Booster Plus on there, $65 doesn't seem like a bad price to me. I don't know what it went for when it was brand new, but someone who was trying to collect all the TG-16 add-ons would probably buy it.

Jitawa

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 02:13:10 AM »
You know, given the condition of the unit on ebay, and the relative infrequency with which I actually see the Booster Plus on there, $65 doesn't seem like a bad price to me. I don't know what it went for when it was brand new, but someone who was trying to collect all the TG-16 add-ons would probably buy it.

If you're collecting maybe (there's an auction for a regular booster that already cracked 55 or so), but I figure if you want it for the utility (AV output, File cabinet) - the CD attachment is a better value.  It lets you play CD games, but even if the CD player was completely broken you have a file cabinet and AV output.

SignOfZeta

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »
Yeah, but on a good day $65 is more than half the price of a Duo R, which in addition to saving games does a f*ck load more.

I think a $65 TBP is really only a collector thing at this point. Way more money that its worth.

While the initial investment is kind of high, Duos (R, or RX) are in the long run the cheapest way to enjoying the whole PCE/TG experience.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:13:07 AM by SignOfZeta »

T2KFreeker

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 08:26:53 AM »
I'm a Gamer, not a collector. :-$
END OF LINE.

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 06:18:00 PM »

The better deal is to buy a lot with a TG-16, Booster Plus, and a handful of games, and then sell off what isn't wanted.  That would get the price down where it belongs, in the $30 range.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Jitawa

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 09:05:14 PM »
Here's a Duo-R, which would hit most of your bases (you'd need a region mod or adapter).  It's at $67 or so as of this post.  Some people post items with absurdly high prices, but you can still find pretty good deals if you're patient (not that this one will end at $67 - and shipping is about the same price, but you know what I'm saying).

edit: left the link out there I guess, but the auction is probably over now anyhow.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 12:35:20 PM by Jitawa »