Author Topic: Do you like METAL?  (Read 850 times)

ceti alpha

Re: Do you like METAL?
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:21 AM »
Maiden is awesome, but i prefer the Paul Di Anno stuff. It's a perfect cross between punk and metal.

"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

rainbow_bright

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2008, 12:29:22 AM »
I liked all Maidens singers. They all brought something different to the table, lots of people slag off Blaze, but I think he is kick ass. The x factor is a fantastic album, virtual eleven is great aswell. In fact I think I'm going to look up some maiden on you tube.

Blaze doing a song from the best of the beast album, my first Maiden album! I used to have a kick ass best of the beast tshirt!

So many good memories.. I was pissed when Bruce came back, Bruce came back and all the "fans" came back too. I wish they would have stayed with Blaze.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 12:34:20 AM by rainbow_bright »

ceti alpha

« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2008, 01:30:55 AM »
I liked all Maidens singers. They all brought something different to the table, lots of people slag off Blaze, but I think he is kick ass. The x factor is a fantastic album, virtual eleven is great aswell. In fact I think I'm going to look up some maiden on you tube.

Blaze doing a song from the best of the beast album, my first Maiden album! I used to have a kick ass best of the beast tshirt!

So many good memories.. I was pissed when Bruce came back, Bruce came back and all the "fans" came back too. I wish they would have stayed with Blaze.

Wow! I'm so out of the Maiden loop. I had no idea Maiden had another singer "Blaze".  :oops: I'll have to check this guy's stuff out. But yeah, I like Bruce's Maiden stuff for sure, but Di Anno is just more my cup of tea. :)

rainbow_bright

« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2008, 02:47:13 AM »
Ever read Paul's book?

http://www.pauldianno.com/beast-reviews.shtml

I have to get a copy of it, this man seems like a true character...

:)

ceti alpha

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 02:59:30 AM »
Ever read Paul's book?

http://www.pauldianno.com/beast-reviews.shtml

I have to get a copy of it, this man seems like a true character...

:)

lolmax @ "The Beast is not a book designed for music aficionados who wish to read about the original Iron Maiden singer. It's more of an action adventure story staring a Jack Daniels, cocaine fuelled fighting machine that just happens to be a vocalist in a rock band."

Yeah, that would be a great read. I might get that for my brother for xmas or his bday. That way I can read it too.  :mrgreen:

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 11:22:34 AM »
anyone even remotely interested in Metallica's new album this fall?

I am curious, but thats about it.... after the travesty that was St. Anger its hard for me to believe that this band can actually create an album I could listen to.....

Good Metallica Albums?

Kill 'em all Thru Justice for All.

The Black Album was .... O K

After that......... SUCK

Dreamcaster

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 11:25:37 AM »
anyone even remotely interested in Metallica's new album this fall?

I am curious, but thats about it.... after the travesty that was St. Anger its hard for me to believe that this band can actually create an album I could listen to.....

Good Metallica Albums?

Kill 'em all Thru Justice for All.

The Black Album was .... O K

After that......... SUCK
my opinions exactly. the media promised the st anger travesty was supposed to be like old metallica. which is so was not. didnt even bother with that some kind of monster dvd either. my faith in metallica diminished after the black album. the black album was so-so but load and reload really sealed the deal on metallica losing their testicals.
metallica should have never quit drinking. some people are just meant to be f*cked up, metallica is that case.
im also a member of www.rfgeneration.com user: dreamcaster.

rainbow_bright

« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 11:45:30 AM »
Load and reload are not bad albums, they just aren't what anyone wants from Metallica. They just seem to have lost the magic, a long time ago.. Can they get it back? Who knows..lets wait until the new album comes back. By the way, whats Jason Newsted up to thesedays? is he still in Voivod?

Dreamcaster

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2008, 11:47:34 AM »
Load and reload are not bad albums, they just aren't what anyone wants from Metallica. They just seem to have lost the magic, a long time ago.. Can they get it back? Who knows..lets wait until the new album comes back. By the way, whats Jason Newsted up to thesedays? is he still in Voivod?

all someone has to do is force feed james hetfield 2 bottles of jack daniels and everything will right its way.
yeah i think newsted is still doing voivod. i also heard he has some other projects too. i just cant think of them.
im also a member of www.rfgeneration.com user: dreamcaster.

_joshuaTurbo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2008, 04:06:44 PM »
The Some Kind of Monster DVD is worth it just to see Dave Mustaine make Lars cry like the little bitch he is!! :clap:

otherwise its a crappy little video that shows the members bitching and whining to one another......

SignOfZeta

« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2008, 05:25:23 PM »
(sorry I deleted my earlier post by accident, I meant to edit something..eh blah..) I used to love metal when I was much younger, grew tired of it when I was around 17.. I used to love Maiden so much, but now..metal and most music in general doesn't do it for me at all.

What an incredibly depressing story.

rainbow_bright

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »
(sorry I deleted my earlier post by accident, I meant to edit something..eh blah..) I used to love metal when I was much younger, grew tired of it when I was around 17.. I used to love Maiden so much, but now..metal and most music in general doesn't do it for me at all.

lol is this a joke?

Nope, metal is not for me, and music in general..eh I just don't have a love for it like I used to. When I was younger I would nearly buy a new album every week, but some shit happened in my life and I realized that most of the crap I listened to was total junk. I just find most music fake, its quite hard to describe what I mean. I find instrumental music much more honest, whether it be experimental electronics  or film music or classical..

Although I do like some groups/songs...

ceti alpha

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2008, 01:43:41 AM »
The Some Kind of Monster DVD is worth it just to see Dave Mustaine make Lars cry like the little bitch he is!! :clap:

otherwise its a crappy little video that shows the members bitching and whining to one another......

haha. Yeah, that documentary was hilarious. I just kept watching that movie scratching my head in bewilderment.  :-k lol

lol is this a joke?

Nope, metal is not for me, and music in general..eh I just don't have a love for it like I used to. When I was younger I would nearly buy a new album every week, but some shit happened in my life and I realized that most of the crap I listened to was total junk. I just find most music fake, its quite hard to describe what I mean. I find instrumental music much more honest, whether it be experimental electronics  or film music or classical..

Although I do like some groups/songs...

I totally understand what you're saying there r_b. Don't get me wrong, there is good music out there, but it seems to be slim pickins lately. To quote lyrics from a Joel Plaskett song, "The reason I like the instrumentals, is 'cus they haven't got any words."