Author Topic: Honestly. Do you tell people you meet in real life that you are a gamer?  (Read 1249 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Necro, Mr. Ostrich? WTF  :-s

It's a well known term for people who keep sticking their heads in the sand.

And what do you mean I lack board life experiences?

The word was broad, as in varied and extensive (or maybe whores, 'cause they're more fun).  If you'd get out more often and maybe do some traveling, you'd find that there's more out there than gamer hating gangster thugs.
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

Sinistron

Yeah, I've heard that those areas have really seen a great deal of change. I wi  
Message icon:   Standard Thumb Up Thumb Down Exclamation point Question mark Lamp Smiley Angry Cheesy Grin Sad Wink  

sh I could've explored NYC more when I was there, but it's a big town and there's onlyso much time. Next time I go I'll take the Sinistron Tour.  :mrgreen:

Haha Sinistron actually doesn't care much for Brooklyn.  There are a lot of hot and crazy chicks there that are into all of the shit I said they're into (among other things) but the guys are just doofuses with tight pants who try to turn you onto everything they learned in film school and whatever generic bands are currently poisoning their iPods.  If I was single I'd have a greater reason to frequent Brooklyn- but I'm not so I stay local  :D.  The Sinistron tour would consist mostly of lovely Queens- where I grew up and where I am now- with a little bit of Manhattan thrown in for good measure  :).
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 08:49:28 AM by Sinistron »

Quote from: Tatsujin
atm its just amateurish boytoy shizzle
Quote from: Tatsujin
they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real

nodtveidt

I could care less if someone knows I'm a gamer or not. If they have interest, great. If not, great. I'm not losing sleep over what others think of me. If someone asks me if I'm a gamer, I'll say "yes" and leave it at that. If they press for details, I give details...I'm into TurboGrafx, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, Playstation 1 & 2, and the PC. Sometimes I'll even get into my tirades about how all FPS games after Quake II suck major bitch tits and how Mario needed to retire 20 years ago. If you think I'm a loon, I don't give a shit. If you totally agree with me, I still don't give a shit. :D

nat

The Old Rover: He just doesn't give a shit.

esteban

I do not tell folks (outside of close friends/family) that I play video games. In fact, one test to see how "close" I am with someone is to see if I'll bother explaining my video game hobby to them. When I do mention it, it is always with the disclaimer that I like the older stuff (I'll name a few arcade / NES games) so they don't think that I'm a FPS or WOW goofball. Sorry for offending anyone :)
  |    | 

ParanoiaDragon

Paranoia, sounds like you're from the south.  I'm sorry man.  I'm so, so sorry.

If you're talking about Southern California, then you're correct! :D

Turbo D

Whoa cool dude, I'm from SoCal too!  8)

SNKNostalgia

When I talk about the Neo Geo whether they heard of it or not, they look at me like I am either crazy or like I am a complete bad-ass.  :dance:  Well, not really. I do get funny reactions from gamers and non-gamers. It is too bad that a lot of people around my age that play a decent amount of games actually don't know what the Neo Geo and even the TG-16 is. I'll mention Samurai Shodown, KOF, Metal Slug, Bonk, and get a blank stare from them.

When it comes to girls in the day, I made a dumb mistake of showing my being a gamer in early high school, haha. Lets just say it was not the smartest thing to do in those days. Once I hit Junior College it was accepted. My girlfriend when I was 19 actually enjoyed hanging out and watching us friends talking smack and beating each others asses on Tekken and 2D fighters.

Nowadays, a lot of girls can't stand watching guys playing Halo multiplayer all the time. Guitar Hero and other Wii fun type games, they don't mind so much. This one hot girl I know plays Mario Kart 64 like it is the greatest game ever, and she is no fun to play as she plays it 100% perfect. It is funny how the newer generation works. It seems like video games didn't become accepted by everyone until the PS1-PS2 days. I think the more interactive and somewhat realistic 3D additions had a lot to do with it.

Keranu

Don't forget that men and women weren't necessarily divided when it came to the early days of console gaming. It was the new kind of toy back then and wasn't really targeted to anyone specifically, so the Atari commercials and such often depicted families playing games together.
Quote from: Bonknuts
Adding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).

Black Tiger

Don't forget that men and women weren't necessarily divided when it came to the early days of console gaming. It was the new kind of toy back then and wasn't really targeted to anyone specifically, so the Atari commercials and such often depicted families playing games together.

Back in the day, my brother and I had to wait until our parents would give us a turn on the Intellivision.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

Turbo D

I remember my Mom always hogging the Super Nintendo, lol. She'd play games like Zelda and Gaia. Sometimes her and my Dad would race on TopGear!

rainbow_bright

I play games, I mean if you are my friend, you know I love my pc engine!

(Am I meant to hide my neo geo and pc engines when someone comes round to my house? :P They are my babies!)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 03:03:09 AM by rainbow »

atr3yu

Everyday as it is all I really like to talk about. A few listen most don't but I am just hoping one day I will find someone who enjoys games like me in the flesh. Heck it is how I met my wife playing Perfect Dark :P And we have been together for 9 years :lol: