Author Topic: Gaming Injuries!!!  (Read 501 times)

nodtveidt

Re: Gaming Injuries!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2008, 04:23:59 PM »
I once headbutted one of those third-party turbo fighting controllers for the SNES while playing one of the many Street Fighter II releases. Had six small bloody holes in my forehead. This was long before I decided my Saturn was pissing me off too much and I smashed its controller against the coffee table, sending shards of plastic everywhere.

Also, any time I play Mocap Boxing at the arcade, I end up a bit sore. Not quite an injury but still a lil painful...alas, it's worth it. :D

COUNT SMRIFNACK

« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2008, 03:43:51 AM »
These people seem to be having some problems with there Wii's.
http://www.wiihaveaproblem.com/damage.php
http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img="Signature%20Pic%202.JPG%22"" class="bbc_link" target="_blank">

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2008, 06:11:19 AM »
All I ever got was thumb blisters from the NES and SNES days.

Digi.k

« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2008, 10:57:35 AM »
my thumbs gotten sore and red from the PSX controller.  Never really had this problem with any others..

also had headaches and dry eyes from sitting at the screen from long periods..

Ninja Spirit

« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 01:05:44 PM »

also had headaches and dry eyes from sitting at the screen from long periods..

lol

My bottom left eyelid has been twitching quite a bit as we speak

MissaFX

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 06:57:32 AM »
When playing through Rez on the hardest diff, complete runthrough, without getting hit, multiple times to see how many I could do it...I have severely disabled my ability to use my right thumb the next day from the constant half second fire pulses you have to through the whole game with exact pressure to have the shots count up as fast as possible (PS2).  I have also really killed myself playing Ikagura marathons on the DC.

The closest thing to a real injury though would be when playing DDR drunk in the arcade I once slipped and really sprained my ankle.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

rolins

« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 10:12:11 AM »
I used form a row blisters on my fingers whenever I play Big Foot on the NES. During the side-scrolling races you had to move the d-pad left to right as fast as you can. The only way I could win was to rub my finger across the d-pad. I remember being in agony each time play the game at my friends house. Good times.