Author Topic: meow!  (Read 1133 times)

SnowKitty

Re: meow!
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
You can actually put games into japanese mode by removing them from their decks and putting them back in? Does it work for NES games? :shock:
nahh, the genesis has region jumpers on the mainboard, they werent always used as a lockout mechanism some carts had all versions of the game on one cart selectable by the region jumpers. sometimes it was just the language that changed, sometimes various aspects like difficulty would change depending on the region setting. streets of rage is a good example, if in jap mode it changes to bare knuckle but in USA/euro mode it stays streets of rage. i think i just confused the CPU when i was messing around with swapping different carts to see what i could get to happen. not all games have different languages on them though

Dark Fact

« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2008, 02:59:55 PM »
I had an NES game called Track & Field II.  During some times when the NES glitches up on me, the glitched screen shows japanese text.  It was pretty cool, but it still f*cked up my game. :(

That is another reason why I'm asking if it works for NES games.

Sorry, but I don't see your library card on the books of Ys.  Now, RETURN THEM TO ME!!!

SnowKitty

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2008, 12:25:21 AM »
I had an NES game called Track & Field II.  During some times when the NES glitches up on me, the glitched screen shows japanese text.  It was pretty cool, but it still f*cked up my game. :(

That is another reason why I'm asking if it works for NES games.
ah that's pretty funny. i can get some silly things to happen in N64 games if i tilt the cart slightly so that some pins lose contact

Game and Watch Kirby

« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2008, 05:38:03 PM »
Hi, SnowKitty :mrgreen:! It's good to see that you have joined up to the PCEngineFX boards. I hope that you enjoy your stay.

I see that you have a snow leopard as an avatar. Are yo a cat lover, by any chance? I am a major cat lover myself, so I am really fond of you username and it :D.
yep :3

That's great :D. It's always nice to have another cat-lover around here :).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx.com

Turbo D

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2008, 06:59:01 PM »
I love pussy too!  :)

SnowKitty

« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2008, 08:14:22 AM »
Hi, SnowKitty :mrgreen:! It's good to see that you have joined up to the PCEngineFX boards. I hope that you enjoy your stay.

I see that you have a snow leopard as an avatar. Are yo a cat lover, by any chance? I am a major cat lover myself, so I am really fond of you username and it :D.
yep :3

That's great :D. It's always nice to have another cat-lover around here :).
i like cats but unfortunately cannot have one :( my mom's allergic and we have a pet bird in the house >.<

nat

« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2008, 10:14:28 AM »
Hahaha, oh man that would be a great combination.

SnowKitty

« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2008, 04:21:24 PM »
Hahaha, oh man that would be a great combination.
heh, i'd rather wait till i get my own place to get a cat, though i'd still have to worry about the cockatiel getting eaten @.@ then again i could always give lucy to my sister i guess lol

Black Tiger

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2008, 12:26:51 PM »
That seems awfully dangerous to me.

I read my Genesis manual and it says you should not remove cartridges when the power is on.
ive f*cked with cart swapping so many times and have NEVER had it damage a console. you can get some neat glitches to occur with it O.O i once glitched my genesis into jap mode (thunderforce 2 showed the jap title screen )

I've gotten some neat glitches and stuff from swapping discs in CD games.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

ParanoiaDragon

« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2008, 06:56:08 PM »
I remember once as a kid, the music in the first Track n Field.....played backwards!  I'm not kidding, I think I reset the game, & it was playing backwards!