Author Topic: WTB/T For a Pc engine region mod PCB  (Read 264 times)

BTD

WTB/T For a Pc engine region mod PCB
« on: December 28, 2008, 12:05:25 PM »
I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking for the PCB board to do a PC engine region mod seen here-http://www.multimods.com/SlotMod1.html- if anyone has one or knows where to get one please let me know. The guy who owns multimods.com isn't answering emails so I came here for help. Let me know if you're willing to part with one!

termis

Re: WTB/T For a Pc engine region mod PCB
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29:08 PM »
Not sure if anyone's producing these at the moment (grahf was doing these for awhile, right?  I haven't seen him on these boards so much since he went to Japan...)

If you, or anyone you know, have the know-how, you can build one yourself with a few IC chips:
http://mbrandel.vizionaires.net/?page_id=48

The other alternative is bypassing the PCB board altogether and using a 8PDT switch -- little more straightforward (not saying much), but the switch options are a lot more limited.  Actually, I think these days, the only 8PDT switches that'll suit the bill is this long pole switch.

BTD

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 03:23:12 PM »
Yeah I saw that option as well which I'm totally cool with, the only problem is that I wouldn't know how to rig the push switch up and I'm a little nervous to create the board myself- I'm kind of an amateur with this stuff but have soldered enough in the past

edit- or with the switch would it be as simple as soldering the jpn lines to one and the us to the others? Or would i solder the board pins to one side and the cart slot pins to the others- i'm kinda confused
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 03:37:58 PM by BTD »

termis

BTD

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 05:10:52 PM »
WOW- that's beautiful- and about 100 times easier than the other way to do it! Although- i think i'll cut the pins in half instead of desoldering and soldering to the pc board points. You saved the day Termis :clap:. Now to find that switch in a version that isn't hideous.

termis

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 05:18:17 PM »
WOW- that's beautiful- and about 100 times easier than the other way to do it! Although- i think i'll cut the pins in half instead of desoldering and soldering to the pc board points. You saved the day Termis :clap:. Now to find that switch in a version that isn't hideous.

No problem.  :D  And yeah, I'd also cut the pins instead of desoldering.  As for the switch... Well, I haven't seen anything other than the one I posted above these days...

Duo_R

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 10:11:06 PM »
BTD - I have been telling you that the switch is the way to go. No one to my knowledge is even building the PCB boards anymore, but even if they did you would be spending more cash.
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

BTD

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 03:17:52 AM »
Yeah I hear ya Duo. I was just looking for something a bit more streamlined and with the PCB board I had unlimited switch options. With the 8PDT switch I have a push button or a if I'm lucky I may be able to find a slide switch. If I go with the push button, I think i'll mount it inside the hu-card slot on the side so you'll only see it when the little flap is opened.

Duo_R

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 06:56:09 AM »
I still have a Senior Industries slide switch that I keep under a glass case with anti-theft laser beam alarm technology.  :dance:
Add my YouTube channel:

For sale trade list: http://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq