Author Topic: Altered Beast CD Freezes..  (Read 914 times)

Necromancer

• Global Moderator
Re: Altered Beast CD Freezes..
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2008, 08:21:20 AM »
Probably the best thing you can do.  Investing in a 1.0 card just to play a rubbish version of Beast isn't worth it, IMO.  8)

I was thinking the same thing. If I can find a system card for cheap enough I will try it though. *whew*.

For whatever it's worth, you can use a flash cart as a 1.0 system card.  I'm not advocating buying a flash cart solely for that purpose, but if you were to get one for other reasons, then you may as well use it to wise fwum yo gwave.

I ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)
:clap:

Yeah, the Arcade version is by far the best. It has a fun ending that was cut from the Genesis version, and it has more voice work and special effects.

But, but, but.... it doesn't have parallax.  :D
U.S. Collection: 97% complete    155/159 titles

blueraven

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »
I ended up buying the arcade! The only way to get a decent game of AlteredBeast.  :)

Yeah, the Arcade version is by far the best. It has a fun ending that was cut from the Genesis version, and it has more voice work and special effects.

I agree completely. Do you have the arcade version set up in a cabinet, or are you playing it with a supergun?

Also, thanks for the tip, Necromancer, on the flash cart.
[Thu 10:04] <Tatsujin> hasd a pasrtty asnd a after pasrty ASDFTERTHE PARTY
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Joe Redifer

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2008, 08:41:40 AM »
The arcade doesn't have parallax scrolling because it is not as powerful as the mighty Sega Genesis 16-Bit Video Entertainment System you crazy mofos!  They really tried to accomplish this in the arcade, but when they did the machine just kept blowing fuses so they had to take it out.  Only the Genesis is powerful enough to not blow a fuse (it uses a 17watt AC Adaptor... power beyond comprehension).  Oh my god the parallax in Altered Beast is sooo awesome.  If you haven't seen it yet, prepare to be amazed.  I was paralyzed for 3 days when I first saw it because the awesomeness is overwhelming.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:43:15 AM by Joe Redifer »

Turbo D

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2008, 10:27:23 AM »

I agree completely. Do you have the arcade version set up in a cabinet, or are you playing it with a supergun?

blueraven

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2008, 12:03:14 PM »
Wow! Not what I was expecting! Very sweet!

*reaches into pocket for quarters...*
[Fri 22:47] <Tatsujin> CLOSE FIGHTING STREET; CLOSE FORU; CLOSE INTERNETZ; CLOSE WORLD; CLOSE UNIVERSUM
--
Arkhan [05:15pm]: ill brbl im going to go make another free game noone plays lolol

Tatsujin

« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2008, 12:36:20 PM »
thanks guys for checking. i have teh biggest bunch of syscards but never tried this out :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:
www.pcedaisakusen.net
the home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games coundown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^

blueraven

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:00 PM »
Yes, thank you all for the concrete solution and extra work on this one!  :mrgreen:
--

SNKNostalgia

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2008, 02:01:26 AM »
Ahem!!! Genesis Collection PS2!!! Ahem.

You get the Genesis and Arcade version of the game. You have to unlock the Arcade version. It is funny how the Genesis one looks better with the BGs and the Arcade has better sprites. The enemies blow up in separate sprite pieces when you kill them.

blueraven

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2008, 08:36:57 AM »
Ahem!!! Genesis Collection PS2!!! Ahem.

You get the Genesis and Arcade version of the game. You have to unlock the Arcade version. It is funny how the Genesis one looks better with the BGs and the Arcade has better sprites. The enemies blow up in separate sprite pieces when you kill them.

Cool. How do you unlock the arcade version in the PS2 Collection?

--

Joe Redifer

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2008, 02:09:20 PM »
Please list which other arcade games are on there as well, or you shall be BANNED!