Author Topic: Ys IV not playing in duo...Help!  (Read 444 times)

override

Ys IV not playing in duo...Help!
« on: April 11, 2009, 02:13:44 PM »
OK I searched for a thread on this issue didn't see one so if I duplicate Im sorry!

I have Ys IV DoY and it for somereason does not play in my duo! Well it will but not much...The beginning cutscene starts and but no audio. When the screen changes to them getting to the harbor is when it goes black and does nothing. I had a redbook issue with the duo and fixed all that! I have tested with Lords of Thunder, Gate of Thunder, Bonk, and Ys I & II! They all work fine audio/video everything works! Ys IV is the only one I have issues with...Its an original copy and it works on my Turbografx-CD but I want it to work my duo...Mainly cause I might be selling my TG! I just did Region mod and put new laser and frankly have no use for it since I have a duo now. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING! Has anyone ever had this issue? or know how to fix it?

Thanks to all who can help!

chop5

Re: Ys IV not playing in duo...Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 07:55:43 PM »
what if you put the duo on its side while its running? let me know if any change.
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

override

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 04:04:43 AM »
what if you put the duo on its side while its running? let me know if any change.

Well what side? Back side, hucard side or cd side?

Im not sure I would want to take a chance doing this and scratching the cd.....I know it has the magnet holding the cd down but still......We will see! :-k

override

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 07:50:12 AM »
Well I tried holding it on all sides....Not sure why this would have helped....but it didnt. I did notice this time that when the screen changes the cd stops spinning..SO obviously thats why it freezes....LOL

The question is why is Ys IV the only one I am having issues with this for?

chop5

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 01:15:09 PM »
on its side was to see if it was a laser problem. back when psone was king that was a good way to determine this. sometimes even having the unit completely upside down would restore choppy music and fmv and other things. worked also for the saturn and other laser based systems. it takes the weight of the mechanism and stuff.  i once had an original psone on its side for over 3 years before the laser conked out for good. ah the memories.
AKA jetblue
Gentlemen behold...The chopsado!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/jetbue7/prchopsado.jpg tg-16 region converter or some weird bow tie

vestcoat

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 01:32:28 PM »
I know this is obvious, but did you clean the disc?  My Duo could never make it through the opening cinema scene in Sherlock Holmes 2 and I thought it was a system issue because I had just bought the game brand new.  It wasn't until I looked at the disc under a good light that I noticed a barely detectable hazy residue that wiped right off.  You should also try a CD lens cleaner, of course .  Also, if your CD drive is noisy, use a drop or two of light machine oil (I use sewing machine oil) to lubricate the spindle.  Finally, although I'm a staunch advocate for never putting CDrs in a Duo, burning a quick test copy of the game would tell you if a disc scratch on the original is causing the problem.  If none of that works, maybe try opening it up and making a slight adjustment to the white plastic potentiometer. 

override

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »
Quote from: chop5
on its side was to see if it was a laser problem. back when psone was king that was a good way to determine this. sometimes even having the unit completely upside down would restore choppy music and fmv and other things. worked also for the saturn and other laser based systems. it takes the weight of the mechanism and stuff.  i once had an original psone on its side for over 3 years before the laser conked out for good. ah the memories.

Thanks for the advice! The laser has had no other issues with any other games....

Quote from: vestcoat
I know this is obvious, but did you clean the disc?  My Duo could never make it through the opening cinema scene in Sherlock Holmes 2 and I thought it was a system issue because I had just bought the game brand new.  It wasn't until I looked at the disc under a good light that I noticed a barely detectable hazy residue that wiped right off.  You should also try a CD lens cleaner, of course .  Also, if your CD drive is noisy, use a drop or two of light machine oil (I use sewing machine oil) to lubricate the spindle.  Finally, although I'm a staunch advocate for never putting CDrs in a Duo, burning a quick test copy of the game would tell you if a disc scratch on the original is causing the problem.  If none of that works, maybe try opening it up and making a slight adjustment to the white plastic potentiometer.

Well I will check it out again but I already cleaned the cd and the laser with a laser cleaning disc! NOT TO MENTION...The game works in my Turbografx-CD  ](*,)