Author Topic: Dynastic Hero... How many copies exist?  (Read 801 times)

ParanoiaDragon

Dynastic Hero... How many copies exist?
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2006, 05:38:15 PM »
I know this sounds wierd coming from someone you don't know, but, please don't sell it!  I mean, it's up to you, but, I would never sell mine!

Nemo

« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2006, 12:02:57 PM »
Quote from: "hoserman"
I usually lurk on this site, the DUO is my favorite system of all time I thought this was the time to make my first post. I was not aware that my copy of Dynastic Hero was worth upwards to the 500 dollar range, and when I metioned it to my wife, she said "SELL IT NOW". I have'nt played it in years, but I feel I should hold on to it. I wonder, if I hold onto it will it go up in price, or will it somehow get a miracle reprint and go down in price when the WII comes around. I keep staring at it now and wondering...

I always wondered about this (also Magical Chase), how many people own this game and have no idea of its worth (or at least the price it fetches).  And if only roughly 5,000 copies exist, how many of those are still in circulation (complete and working condition).  I loved to one day add this game to my collection (it and Bonk 3 CD are the last Bigs I would need), but paying around $500 for a single game doesn't seem likely (or ethical for myself knowing the state of the economy and the world really). Good luck with the auction man.

P.S. - No offense but why put the data-side of the CD down on a surface other than it's case or a Duo (which greatly increases the chances of it getting scratched up for simply no reason).  That drives me absolutely insane when I see that in auctions, especially rare games.  :cry:

Black Tiger

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2006, 03:05:27 PM »
Quote from: "Nemo"
I usually lurk on this site, the DUO is my favorite system of all time I thought this was the time to make my first post. I was not aware that my copy of Dynastic Hero was worth upwards to the 500 dollar range, and when I metioned it to my wife, she said "SELL IT NOW". I have'nt played it in years, but I feel I should hold on to it. I wonder, if I hold onto it will it go up in price, or will it somehow get a miracle reprint and go down in price when the WII comes around. I keep staring at it now and wondering...

I always wondered about this (also Magical Chase), how many people own this game and have no idea of its worth (or at least the price it fetches).  And if only roughly 5,000 copies exist, how many of those are still in circulation (complete and working condition).  I loved to one day add this game to my collection (it and Bonk 3 CD are the last Bigs I would need), but paying around $500 for a single game doesn't seem likely (or ethical for myself knowing the state of the economy and the world really). Good luck with the auction man.

P.S. - No offense but why put the data-side of the CD down on a surface other than it's case or a Duo (which greatly increases the chances of it getting scratched up for simply no reason).  That drives me absolutely insane when I see that in auctions, especially rare games.  :cry:

Although I don't think that too many copies of Magical Chase were made, I don't know if it's really quite as rare as it seems.

I think that the fact that it's actually a quality game that is actually desirable outside of rareness makes more people hang onto it than all those rare games that noone really wants to play.

This also makes people snatch it up as soon as anyone lists it for sale, making it even harder to find.

Of course, as a later HuCard release that has no real case, its certainly even rarer to find with anything other than the loose game itself, let alone manual or box.

It also gets inflated value since the PC Engine versions aren't common either, unlike Dynastic Hero.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum

hoserman

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2006, 01:45:14 AM »

I did'nt put the data side down in the pic, I put the label side down on the table. I just wanted to show the data side didnt have and major defects. I absoutely understand what your saying though expecially with something so rare.

Thanks for the encourgement with the sale, I'm having a tough time with this. I seen that my copy of Beyond shadowgate is worth about 200 dollars but I don't think if I would ever part with it. (nor would I make the mistake of telling my wife its worth that much, but thats another story)

Nemo

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2006, 02:55:13 AM »

I did'nt put the data side down in the pic, I put the label side down on the table. I just wanted to show the data side didnt have and major defects. I absoutely understand what your saying though expecially with something so rare.

Oops  :oops:  Sorry, I should have looked closer. The last guy who sold a DH on Ebay had the disc like I described so I just assumed the whole world had lost its mind.

Black Tiger

« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2006, 04:08:21 AM »
When I scanned in my original and bootleg Sapphire discs, I had to lay them face down on the scanner without a case in order for them to scan properly(and I'll probably have to do this with every PCE CD I scan in).

I did lay down a piece of paper behind them before closing the lid though. I don't think it's that bad as long as you're careful and the surface you're laying them down on is clean.
http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/forum

Active and drama free PC Engine forum