Author Topic: Turbo Grafx Collecting  (Read 2157 times)

Dyna138

Re: Turbo Grafx Collecting
« Reply #105 on: February 21, 2013, 05:23:05 AM »
When I first started getting back into the Turbo I was only picking up good games I wanted, but the seed was planted by watching spida1a and his collection videos. I really loved the TG16 when I was younger and it seemed like I was the only one supporting this great system back when anyone cared about was the NES and Genesis. I thought with only a little over 100 games and me already having 40 or so it wouldn't be too hard to finish a complete collection

Yeah right...more than 10 years later I'm still working on it. Real life and limited playtime have slowed me down a little but one day I hope to finish my collection...not to mention actually beat every one of them.

jeffhlewis

« Reply #106 on: February 21, 2013, 05:57:56 AM »
Collecting complete sets is cool and all, but ultimately not all it's cracked up to be. I just finished the U.S. Sega Master System collection. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the blue label reprints. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the entire Japanese Mark III set...and so on, and so on. Now that I have all this stuff I never have time to play it. Plus you wind up buying rare turds for crazy amounts of cash (in my case, Buster Douglas Boxing...ugh).

It's a lot more fun to just collect across all of the systems and get the good stuff.

-D-

« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2013, 03:07:21 PM »
I'm just strictly in it to play the games, so my collection is a random mishmash of US & JP releases.  I will of course tend to prefer a US version so I can actually read the manual, but if the JP version is quite a bit cheaper then I might get it instead.  And I'm mostly in it with this platform for the shmups, and a huge chunk of them are Japanese only, further making me not care about region.

But I am picky about condition and loose hucards.  I don't care about spine cards and cardboard boxes, but other than that everything I buy has to have the game, original case, and manual.

xelement5x

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:41 AM »
Collecting complete sets is cool and all, but ultimately not all it's cracked up to be. I just finished the U.S. Sega Master System collection. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the blue label reprints. Once I was done with that, I wasn't content so I started collecting the entire Japanese Mark III set...and so on, and so on. Now that I have all this stuff I never have time to play it. Plus you wind up buying rare turds for crazy amounts of cash (in my case, Buster Douglas Boxing...ugh).

It's a lot more fun to just collect across all of the systems and get the good stuff.

Hehe, I did the same thing except with Sega CD games.  Complete US set, then variants, now I'm working on getting all the JP and EU exclusives.  I have a feeling that eventually I will try and get all the JP titles, since working towards something big like this is kind of fun.  Plus, I don't really know of anyone with all the Sega CD/Mega CD games (or anyone who enjoys the system that much really) so I don't feel like I'm plodding down the same old road as everyone else. 

That said, I've definitely modified my buying habits for other stuff.  No longer am I trying to find one of everything, or just buy it all.  I've become a lot more selective about a lot of the things I buy and clearing out things I don't want, need, or will never play. 
Gredler: spread her legs and push her down to make her more lively<br>***<br>majors: You used to be the great man, this icon we all looked up to and now your just a pico collecting 'tard...oh, how the mighty have fallen...<br>***<br>_joshuaTurbo: Sex, Lies, Rape and Arkhan. A TurboGrafx love story